Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loguetools program for minilogue, minilogue xd, and prologue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazzar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: loguetools program for minilogue, minilogue xd, and prologue Reply with quote

I just released version 0.1.4 of my free loguetools program. It performs a few tasks:

* Translation of patches from the (original) minilogue to the minilogue xd. (For minilogue xd)
* Bulk extraction of all patches in collections to separate patch files.
(For minilogue, minilogue xd and prologue)
* Readable display of patch contents.
(For minilogue and minilogue xd)

As I own a minilogue xd that's what I have concentrated on, but it can also be useful for prologue owners because you can "explode" patch libraries and preset packs into separate patch files with it in one operation. This is handy for subsequently organising them in the Korg librarian.
There is a GUI version for Windows and macOS.

Grab it from here https://github.com/gazzar/loguetools/releases or visit the project home https://github.com/gazzar/loguetools and enjoy!
There is also a Python commandline version, which also works if you're on Linux.
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey @gazzer, interesting tools!

I use the logue-cli tool for oscillator management. I could use a program I can script that can load and unload presets on os x. Only Korg librarian does that now, and it's got too many annoying bugs to use.
gazzar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi @MRNUTTY, I don't have any plans at the moment to implement any midi features but you never know; I did have some ideas that would require that. It's still interesting to hear what sort of thing would be useful for you in case I develop things along those lines. I can see how what you would like would be useful. I'm afraid you'll still need to rely on the Korg librarian for now though.
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazzar wrote:
Hi @MRNUTTY, I don't have any plans at the moment to implement any midi features but you never know; I did have some ideas that would require that. It's still interesting to hear what sort of thing would be useful for you in case I develop things along those lines. I can see how what you would like would be useful. I'm afraid you'll still need to rely on the Korg librarian for now though.

LOL! No problem Smile I'll wack out a script someday.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this gazzar!
Raydiognome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Update on Loguetools? Reply with quote

Hello Gazazr.
A few months back I posted on facebook instructions to convert a minilogue XD library to a Preset. Dukesgr ( Oleg) said he added it to his fork but has never compiled it. Someone else had asked on FB about an update and he said to reach out to the original author. So, I was wondering if you could possibly implement that feature?

Oleg, said it was available via command line so I installed Python 3.9, ran the pip install loguetools and now find myself in the deep end of the pool not having a clue on how to swim.

I believe it's installed but if I type "translate" I get a bunch of errors.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
atiredmachine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. What about converting Monologue patches to Minilogue XD?

I have custom patch banks (retro, vintage, lo-fi) available for:
microKORG - microKORG XL - minilogue - minilogue xd - monologue - MicroFreak
atiredmachine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just checked this out converting sounds from the OG to the XD.

Super cool that you made this, but I think you need to get an OG minilogue to check your work. Or if you're interested, I could sit down with the two synths side by side and document specifically what inconsistencies/bugs there are in the conversion, because it doesn't seem to work right. I tried converting 200 of my own custom patches and only like 5 of them came out remotely usable, and they all still needed the same tweaks to get them close to right. And the problem is not just that the XD is missing half the features of the OG minilogue (like the lack of sustain and release on the 2nd EG, EG->LFO, HPF, etc.) or that the filter and oscillators sound a bit different between the two synths. I'm guessing this performs just a literal translation of some of the values? The delay times, for example, feel like, from memory, just totally different. But it also seems like there are pretty glaring bugs/mistakes. Like is the noise is always silent (Like it's set to the high-pass noise set at 21kHz, so it's just silent)? The LFO seems to be always set to modulate pitch, even where I'm pretty sure on the original patch it was modulating shape or cutoff. Stuff like that. Apologies if I'm way off base here. This was just my cursory impression, but I didn't have a chance to pull out my OG for comparison or really dig in to confirm my suspicions.

I have custom patch banks (retro, vintage, lo-fi) available for:
microKORG - microKORG XL - minilogue - minilogue xd - monologue - MicroFreak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: