Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording MIDI data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LNovik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Recording MIDI data Reply with quote

I'm trying to record a MIDI track from my Alesis Vortex keyboard. Actually I WAS able to do the first verse earlier today, but for some reason I'm suddenly unable to. I HAVE chosen Vortex as my MIDI out in the track. I have it routed it to a Korg Triton (thru MIDI). I AM able to record MIDI from this Triton. In fact, I am able to record MIDI data from my other hardware synths as well. At first I thought that perhaps CBL (Cakewalk by Bandlab)only records if I press keys on the Triton, but, as I said, I was able to do it earlier from the Vortex.

On the track, other than choosing Vortex on the output field, I am choosing the MIDI channel of 8, which is the MIDI channel I usually keep the Triton on. I should also add that I do hear sound when I play the Vortex Keytar, and this sound IS coming from the Triton. I just can't get Cakewalk to record the MIDI data.

Since I was able to do it earlier, I'm just thinking that I must have hit some control key somewhere. Perhaps there is a command that either does or does not let MIDI data pass thru the Triton, though I can't see how I might have changed that. Perhaps I haven't chosen the correct MIDI channel on my Vortex, though it's not intuitive how to do this. However, if, as I said, I'm able to hear sound when I play the Keytar--which doesn't have it's own sound--I would think that the correct MIDI channel has been chosen . Lastly, perhaps the MIDI channel for the track I'm trying to record on should be set to something other than the same channel as my Triton. However, I wouldn't be able to hear sound if I chose another track.

While I'm writing this, I guess I could try to MIDI record a Cakewalk included virtual synth. Then after I get the data down, I could route it anywhere I want. I'm just bothered by the fact that I was able to do it this AM, but not this afternoon. And, I did reboot to see if that would help, but obviously not.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

LNovik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: