Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOST! Assignment of Velocity Control on BX3 Rock 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject: LOST! Assignment of Velocity Control on BX3 Rock 1 Reply with quote

Sometimes I stumble but it's rare that I find myself totally lost.

Can someone give the basics of how the "Rotary Effect" is assigned to Velocity Control on the PA4x Bx3 Rock 1 Sound? I truly have no idea how this is accomplished and would like to do similar things with other instruments.

Many Thanks and SSSD (Say Safe by Stating Distant),
Bill
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its simply switching samples at velocity 95.
Go to Sound Mode, Menu, Basic, Osc Basic Tab.
Note about 2/3 down the page it says Vel SW L-H 95. This is where its swapping from the Low to High samples listed above. It does it for the first 4 oscillators. Ocs 5 is just Key Off clicks.
It doesn't need to be done like this. Its actually easier to use 9 separate Oscillators than double up on the front page like Korg have done. You then control sound switching using the Velocity/Key Zone Tab.
This second way gives you more flexibility because you can control different parameters (like Amp EG or Oscillator EQ) for all your samples.
Bill1983

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Its simply switching samples at velocity 95.
Go to Sound Mode, Menu, Basic, Osc Basic Tab.
Note about 2/3 down the page it says Vel SW L-H 95. This is where its swapping from the Low to High samples listed above. It does it for the first 4 oscillators. Ocs 5 is just Key Off clicks.
It doesn't need to be done like this. Its actually easier to use 9 separate Oscillators than double up on the front page like Korg have done. You then control sound switching using the Velocity/Key Zone Tab.
This second way gives you more flexibility because you can control different parameters (like Amp EG or Oscillator EQ) for all your samples.

Thanks Reuben,

That I would have never found,
Bill
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, it’s not controlling an insert effect like the Leslie. It’s just switching between samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: