Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

48 note keyboard or keybed to compliment Kronos 2-88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: 48 note keyboard or keybed to compliment Kronos 2-88 Reply with quote

I have been using the Kronos since it came out; an original K61 in 2011 and a K2-88 in 2015. I seem to be playing more organ and synths lately and wanted to add a full-size 48 note synth action keyboard/keybed so I don't have to play them on a weighted keybed. My first thought was Prologue 8, which has the same keybed as the K61, which I liked, but the K2-88 has all the synth sounds then I need. I looked at some controllers, but to get a decent keybed action it looks like you have to spend about half as much as much as a Prologue. Anyone have suggestions?
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve got a K2 73 which I bought last October, and just picked up a K2 88 this past weekend. I bought a Triton LE 61 long ago, and a Triton Extreme 61 a few years after that, and I have just been coupling them via MIDI cable so that I have a non-weighted keyboard for organs and leads.

Find something similar which suits your touch preferences and buy one used? The Kronos has been a great controller from my experiences.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't need bells & whistles, take a look at the Alesis Q49...amazingly good action / keyboard feel for such an inexpensive (under $100) controller...

df
Chrutil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something real analog, maybe prologue or a Dave Smith would be nice, but if you want an expressive synth action keybed you might also want to take a peek at the Hydrasynth, which is a digital synth with amazing capabilities, but on top of that has a 49 key keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch, whihc can get very expressive - and should work well controlling the Kronos too, even though I have not tried it myself.
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Perilous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the Waldorf STVC, just to see if the Kronos can power it via USB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: