Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synchronization betwen Pa4x and Cubase 10.5, very hard!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Synchronization betwen Pa4x and Cubase 10.5, very hard!! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone.
I have a Korg Pa4x, Trying like for a week to Sync it with Cubase 10.5 pro on Windows 10. I've seen some guys get it on Youtube videos, the only thing I've got is Freezing either Cubase or the Pa4x. Or get lots of not organized sounds.
I wanted to use my Pa4x like a VST plugin (external midi instrument) But I guess i'm missing some necessary and specific settings.

If somebody knows the solution for this problem, I'll really appreciated it.
Than you.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First stop using usb midi,use cables instead .
If you still have problems try to use usb for out and cable for in .
Make sure your korg driver is updated if you use usb.

You will never manage to start recording when you hit the pa4x's keys.
That function worked well only on Atari ST 's cubase version .
After that they removed it.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
harcon01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using an activated full license Cubase or a cracked version bought on eBay for $5.
I have heard the cracked versions have connection problems
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't have to do anything with that.
Actually many cracked versions worked better that original,but this is off topic now.
What actually happened ,is that steinberg removed some protocols cause they wanted to sell hardware for that,then they didn't put them back because
they were outdated protocols,but many of use still use them or try to .

Best option is to try another DAW to see if you can sync it right,in case you do need to start recording when your keyboard starts playing.
For normal midi, do as i said,use cables and better close out channel when recording

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the OP would be more specific about his problems?

For one thing, if only using the Korg as a source of sounds, sync (I’m assuming he means clock sync) is not needed. You’d need sync if recording a style to MIDI, or syncing a DAW to the style engine, etc.. But if just using the sounds, you don’t need any clocking between the devices.

And if wanting to record the arranger output into the DAW, it has always been my experience that using the internal recorder to do the initial style ‘capture’ and then transferring the SMF to the computer and importing it to the DAW always gave a ‘tighter’ result than sending the entire style up the USB or MIDI cable. Even back in the Atari ST days (I used one for years, too!)... The ST was the best ever at MIDI timing, but it still struggled to cope with a dense stream.

I know it’s an extra step, a real PITA, but the results are worth it.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the OP would be more specific about his problems?

For one thing, if only using the Korg as a source of sounds, sync (I’m assuming he means clock sync) is not needed. You’d need sync if recording a style to MIDI, or syncing a DAW to the style engine, etc.. But if just using the sounds, you don’t need any clocking between the devices.

And if wanting to record the arranger output into the DAW, it has always been my experience that using the internal recorder to do the initial style ‘capture’ and then transferring the SMF to the computer and importing it to the DAW always gave a ‘tighter’ result than sending the entire style up the USB or MIDI cable. Even back in the Atari ST days (I used one for years, too!)... The ST was the best ever at MIDI timing, but it still struggled to cope with a dense stream. This applies to every arranger I’ve ever used. A complex style going full tilt is simply too much data for recording externally to single tick accuracy, particularly when you throw sysex into the mix.

I know it’s an extra step, a real PITA, but the results are worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: