Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using foot pedal to trigger start of drums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snappygraham

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: using foot pedal to trigger start of drums Reply with quote

Hi. I have a foot pedal which will light up the drum part which only plays when I then press a key. Sometimes I want to play the keyboard first and then bring in the drums so it would be easier if this could be done via the foot pedal alone.

This must be a common issue as many songs start on beat 2 or 3 and then drums begin on the first beat of the next bar.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Drum Track on/off" is one of the options available to the Foot Switch assign setting in the Global P2 Foot Controllers menus. It is global, and not settable on a per Program or per Combi basis. I can't be 100% sure, but from the posting, it seems you may already be using this. The Drum Track button, and the switch pedal assignments, work as a toggle i.e. the state (on or off) changes with a press of the switch. The state of the toggle can be saved with the Program or Combi, so playing the keyboard can start with the drum track off, and then the foot switch, or drum track button pressed just before the first note of the next bar, and the drums will start playing when that next note is played.

snappygraham

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have been using this as a method i.e. playing keybpard on opening beats 2,3 and 4 and then pushing foot pedal just before beat 1 of the next bar to set the drums off but it is quite a precise art to press at the right time, Ideally to be able to bi-pass the drum button and use the foot switch alone as the trigger and not hitting the note itself but I guess that isn't possible.
snappygraham

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or is it possible to do this in reverse so that the drum button is pushed but the pattern is triggered by the foot switch and not the olaying if a note?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a Program, the drum track can be specified to start immediately in Prog menu P7, Drum Trk Pattern tab, allowing the switch pedal to start the drum track. There is also a Sync setting allowing the drum track to sync to the arpeggiator. For Combis, the relevant setting is found on menu P7, Drum Track tab.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: