Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i backup my Korg x50 programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g2mace

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: How do i backup my Korg x50 programs Reply with quote

Hi I am new to backing up my Korg x50 user programs. I want to back them up in case my keyboard breaks to restore onto a new one. I tried searching topics but couldn't find anything helpful. I have a Mac and have installed the Korg Editor and Drive and have connected my keyboard to my computer via USB. I have gone to Global Midi 1 and then Utility and used the Dump Program. I am not sure if my backup worked. When I go to the Korg folder on my Mac I do not see any file there other than documents and application.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the intention is to be able to restore the X50 back to its default state, then no backups are necessary, since all the Programs and Combis are kept in a backup area of the operating system and can be restored by powering off the X50, then pressing and holding the ENTER and "0" buttons and powering back on.

The Dump feature in the Global menus initiates a SysEx data dump via MIDI. If you want to save Programs and Combis that you've changed or created, then the receiving computer needs to be running software capable of receiving the SysEx data dump over MIDI, and the software will need to be told to capture SysEx data, which can be stored as a file for later reuse. However, far simpler would be to use the X50 Plug-in editor, which can read this data from the X50, and the data can subsequently be saved to file. There should be no need to use the Dump facility as the editor should "talk" to the X50 and command it to send the data back to the computer. In fact, it should perform the data exchange automatically, when the plug-in editor starts up. The plug-in Editor's Save utility can then be used to save the data backup to the computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: