Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator pro+ beginners tutorial or idiots guide....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewesRic

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator pro+ beginners tutorial or idiots guide.... Reply with quote

Hi
I play(ed) keys in a band, time on my hands now... so bought a kaossilator pro+. No experience at all of this or anything remotely similar, so the manual, whilst large, is not great.
I assumed YouTube would be full of unboxing, beginners guides, tutorials, talk throughs etc. But I can't see any... i just expected an hour or so video on korgs website at least!

Is this because the pro+ is so similar to the older pro that it didn't warrant any new idiots guides to using? Or am I missing them?

Any help, links, advice greatly appreciated...

Cheers
Ric
Disqantique

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaossilator pro+ beginners tutorial or idiots guide.... Reply with quote

LewesRic wrote:

Is this because the pro+ is so similar to the older pro that it didn't warrant any new idiots guides to using? Or am I missing them?
Ric

I think the pro and pro+ are essentially similar apart from the fact the PLUS has more sounds programmed.

I’m also new to the pro+ and also have a hard time finding revealing vids or threads. Nevertheless most seems quite straight forward and I’m having fun with it (have it connected to the group-out of my mixer, which lets me feed it any gear of choice).

What puzzles me today is that while I’m ‘playing’ the touchpad and I want to activate a standby loop, I apparently have to release the touchpad before I can press a loop-bank button, otherwise it records the touchpad signal over the loop. I haven’t consulted the manual, but would be grateful for a shortcut Wink

I’m also struggling with the fact that it seems impossible to have the loops start at the first count when you activate a loop, which makes it difficult if the loops are on mute and I’m playing beats and keys on other gear and want to incorporate loops from the kaossilator (Pro+). Haven’t found an answer to that problem...

Same deal with controlling the kp+ via midi. The little info I found only makes it seem more complicated/impossible. Any resolution on that issue??

Maybe we [newbies], once we got things more or less figured out, should start making some vids for a second wave of Kaossilator Pro players, because here (Spain) they’re being offered by the plenty secondhand.

That said, I’d be happier and probably best for all if some pros would be coming forward to teach us a few tricks.

Good luck and keep us posted!
LewesRic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thank you. I see that all the YouTube vids are about the pro and it is basically the same but still no real tutorial. And I have read all the posts on this group and found no useful tips for me.
The big issue I face too is needing the loops to be on beat 1 for me. Seems there is no magic button to do that.
I bought one to experiment with sampling goth/alt bands I know, and use these to build loops to create a hybrid goth/dance mixes. It took about 8 hours to get my first samples to work with an acid bassline and hip hop beats. I need more practice....
I will add to this page when I find out new useful tips not in the manual.
I did read a post on here (24th March 2014 - 'kaossilator pro not finding first beat' . It might help you...
Cheers
Ric
Disqantique

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewesRic wrote:

I will add to this page when I find out new useful tips not in the manual.
Ric

Thanks. Will do same.

I’ve already found out (which probably IS in the manual) that by HOLDING the input from the trackpad (trackpad + shift) it is possible to start/stop loops without accidentally recording over the loop.

Seems so silly that it’s -apparently- not possible to stop a loop (the clock) from running and just (Re)start it on 1 when pressed...

Good luck on your experiments/projects!
ARNK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you figured out how to transmit velocity?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: