Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting Korg Styles as SMF, all variations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryMC

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Exporting Korg Styles as SMF, all variations Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
Been a long time since I've been on this forum.

Okay, I have an issue and I hope someone here can answer it for me.

I would like to export some styles from my PA800 to SMF. The manual tells me how to do it, Exporting a Style with Markers. That gives me all of the Variations, CVs, IVs, EVs, and FVs in one Type 0 SMF file.

To do this, according to the manual, I follow the steps to Export a single Variation Element, except that you press the SHIFT key. At that point, you're supposed to get a SMF with all of the variations of all sorts in one file, separated by Markers. This is the same concept of importing a style from a MIDI file, except in reverse.

I can't get my PA800 to do this. It outputs the one CV that's selected in the display, and nothing more. This is from page 137 of the V2.0 manual.

I really would like to know if anyone has any updated information on this.

Yes, I would really like to get rid of my PA800 and buy a PA4X, but unfortunately, that's not possible right at the moment. Heck, I'd be happy with a PA3X, but that's not available right now, even at used prices! So, I really would like to get this working, and if any of you have any clue as to how to get it to work, I'd love to hear it from you.

Thanks in advance,

Gary
GaryMC

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, silly me. My SHIFT key wasn't working! Wiggled it a little bit to get it to work, and now all is well.

Sorry, maybe this will help someone else out in the future.

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: