Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All 16 Sequencer Tracks open to record or are 9-16 RESERVED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorgieFan

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: All 16 Sequencer Tracks open to record or are 9-16 RESERVED Reply with quote

In the video manual training he recorded "backing sequence (quick record)" on tracks 9-16 and recorded traditional "Multitrack Sequencer" on channels 1-8.

If you choose not to use the "backing sequence (quick record)" option, are all 1-16 tracks available to use as traditional Multitrack Sequencer tracks, or are 9-16 "reserved" for the "backing sequence (quick record)" and unavailable for regular sequencing?

(I'm referring to this training video if you're curious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lho4MDjdJTU )

The reason I'm asking is I bought a Yamaha workstation that claimed 1-16 sequencer, but actually only 1-4 could be used for that purpose. (facepalm)

Thanks in advance if you can clear this up for me!
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use all 16 tracks on the Korg pa series. I've done it many times on my old Pa1x and Pa3x.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
You can use all 16 tracks on the Korg pa series. I've done it many times on my old Pa1x and Pa3x.

If you are using sequencer mode, as the multi-track sequencer, then all 16 tracks are available to you.

If you are using the Backing Sequence record, then they are laid out as follows:

Track 1 - Upper 1
Track 2 - Upper 2
Track 3 - Upper 3
Track 4 - Lower
Track 5 - Pad 1
Track 6 - Pad 2
Track 7 - Pad 3
Track 8 - Pad 4
Track 9 - Bass
Track 10 - Drums
Track 11 - Percussion
Track 12 - Acc 1
Track 13 - Acc 2
Track 14 - Acc 3
Track 15 - Acc 4
Track 16 - Acc 5

This is how it is listed in the PA700 Manual - on page 329.

You can certianly record over ANY of the tracks, once they have been recorded, but this is how it is listed in the manual for initial recording using the Backing Track Sequence record feature.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: