Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to edit a .KMP multisample file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector Space

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: How to edit a .KMP multisample file Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a way to edit a .KMP multisample file so as to be able to adjust the volume/gain of individual samples referenced. Thanks Steve
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load the KMP file in the RAM. Select "Clear ALL" when load the file to work on empty RAM. Is better to avoid some errors or save with unnecessary data.
Press SAMPLE button and open the Multi Sample page. Touch the Sample area, (is under the Index). That mean you edit the current sample. Will see the level, pitch, original key in same square. To select the next sample, change the index number or press and hold ENTER then strike the key where you need to adjust.
Finally, save the Sampling data, restart the unit or open GLOBAL, KSC Autoload and do Autoload Now.
If need more info please write here or write a mail on contact@danstesco.ro
Hector Space

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan. I guess I should have made myself clear...

I'm wanting to edit an EXs KMP file set because theres a couple of quiet notes in there :-
Hi I've recently bought your KApro grand piano libraries (EXs 280-240 EXs 285-288) As I go through them and test them I have a problem with EXs 280 piano 227

This is a beautiful sample set and it is very realistically playable from an RD 2000 PHA-50 once the velocity switch points and multisample levels are adjusted to suit the Roland’s velocity curve output.

I love this piano, but unfortunately it has a quiet spot around G4 - G#4 that is significantly quieter than its surrounding notes - particularly the G4 itself. I’ve checked it out via midi to my K2 61 from both my RD2000 and Casio PX5s. The G4 needs to be about 3db louder in most of the layers, particularly mp, to fff.

I have made a rough fix to this by using HD-1’s two keyboard track ramps combined through AMS mixer 2 and 1 to boost the volume of G4. But it would be much better to edit the multisample files (.KMP) in the set ( G-227 FFF, through to G-227 MP) to increase the volume/gain of the samples for this note. This is something that is readily accomplished for factory and installed libraries on my Kurzweil Forte but it does not seem to be possible on the Kronos.

This piano is the main reason for wanting this collection and it is a beauty, so in the first instance it would be great if a fix for this could be issued by KApro.

I understand just how much work these libraries represent but I hope you can help

Many thanks

Steve

.... Basically it doesn't seem like the Kronos allows KMP editing for EXs libraries..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: