Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Covid-19 = Hand Washing = Dry Hands = What Hand Lotion ????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Covid-19 = Hand Washing = Dry Hands = What Hand Lotion ???? Reply with quote

My hands were, dry, chapped and almost bleeding. I play my PA4x & S88 MK2 a lot but the dry hands were really becoming an issue. Every lotion I tried would either leave residue on my keyboards or not perform as advertised.

After going through eight(Cool different products I found one that I'll continue to use long after Covid-19. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing w/Aloe. The label reads ten(10) surface Layers Deep. My immediate thoughts were "yeah, right".

Bought one tube, came home, put a small dab of the cream on my hands and rubbed it in. My hands felt greasy so I wiped them off with a towel. They still felt greasy so I wiped them off again. Same result, they felt greasy & slippery. Grabbed a paper towel to get the stuff off of my hands but nothing was coming off so I sat down and first typed on my computer keyboard and there were no prints or residue on the PC's keyboard. I then tried my PA4x and my hands were lightening fast and no residue at all was on the keys. This stuff works for hours!

I have no idea what chemical(s) are different but if all the hand washing and drying are affecting your ability to play, I strongly recommend trying this. You won't be disappointed. As I don't own another Korg Keyboard I won't be posting this on other sub-forums as I don't think it's ethical. If you try this and have a Kronos, Kross, etc. please pass it on.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand sanitisers are crap and ruin the skin when used to the extent we are needing to - just regularly use a good moisturiser afterwards - worked for us...

Korg: a convenient hand sanitiser dispenser on the next model would be excellent Wink

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

It's a great question - for years, my kids have bought me different moisturisers because my skin is very dry, but usually I just stopped using them because they were so greasy. Unrelated, I was given some 'Bull Dog Stubble Moisturiser' for Christmas and I thought I would try it as a hand lotion.

Rubs in well, not greasy, and scentless.

Bull Dog is available in UK and Australia, not sure of other countries.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Thanks for the tip! Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
Bill,

It's a great question - for years, my kids have bought me different moisturisers because my skin is very dry, but usually I just stopped using them because they were so greasy. Unrelated, I was given some 'Bull Dog Stubble Moisturiser' for Christmas and I thought I would try it as a hand lotion.

Should the Gold Bond ever fail me or they stop making it, I'll try your suggestion even if it means international shipping to the US. It's that important to me. I suspect others will feel the same way the first time they have any loss of hand motion. You really can't appreciate it until you've lost it.

Stay Safe, Stay Distant, (#SSSD)
Bill
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:24 am    Post subject: Thanks for the tip! Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
Bill,

Should the Gold Bond ever fail me or they stop making it, I'll try your suggestion even if it means international shipping to the US. It's that important to me. I suspect others will feel the same way the first time they have any loss of hand motion. You really can't appreciate it until you've lost it.

Stay Safe, Stay Distant, (#SSSD)
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: