Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SongbookPlus and Korg Songbook selection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: SongbookPlus and Korg Songbook selection Reply with quote

Sharing an application app called SongbookPlus. Easy way to select songbook number on Korg Pa1000 or other arrangers that have the Songbook feature.

https://youtu.be/TQk4K79Th_M
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymn, thanks for sharing this!

I think its safe to assume many of us are beginners, so to go into more detail would be appreciated.

Do you use the Korg supplied Songbook Editor V3? How is this an upgrade from that?

Also, can either the Korg Songbook/editor V3 or this Songbook Plus be used to display lyrics on an external monitor (my laptop or large screen tv)? To do family sing-alongs I want to be able to call up a Song from my Pa1000 and then have the lyrics shown on a large screen.

Randy
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
Keymn, thanks for sharing this!

I think its safe to assume many of us are beginners, so to go into more detail would be appreciated.

Do you use the Korg supplied Songbook Editor V3? How is this an upgrade from that?

Also, can either the Korg Songbook/editor V3 or this Songbook Plus be used to display lyrics on an external monitor (my laptop or large screen tv)? To do family sing-alongs I want to be able to call up a Song from my Pa1000 and then have the lyrics shown on a large screen.

Randy

A different concept...if you have a Lyric document on your pc, save it to a text file. Then you can load it on the Korg disk. Program it in a songbook number on Korg. Then you can video out...When the hdmi from Korg is connected to tv hdmi, Korg will recognize it. And the text will appear. But you need to go in Global...this is a Korg function and should be in your manual...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Keymn says, use the HDMI or RCA video out port on the rear panel.
In GLOBAL you can decide what you want to display.

Note: if your PA1000 serial number is up to 39999 you will have the RCA port otherwise it will be HDMI

(See page 13 in the latest PA1000 manual)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
export-B

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys.
Some of my findings and tips in using SongBook Korg (SB) and SongBook + on iPad (SB +). Both gadgets complement each other wonderfully.

First write the text to an mp3 or MIDI file. Great for this is the Lyrioke program (Windows). It is necessary to write the text in the entire length of the song, with all the repetitions and then synchronize it in a very easy way. This is done on a PC.

The same mp3 / MIDi is then entered into Korg (PA4X, PA1000, PA700 ...). The text is visible on the screen, which is nicely synchronized with the course of the song.

I enter the same mp3 / MIDI in the SongBook + on the iPad and make a song with the same code as on the keyboard. Ddo not insert text in SB+ !!! When you open the song, the program asks you if you want to extrakt text from mp3 / MIDI. You confirm the case and the same text as in the keyboard is now in SB +. Text scrolling synchronization has also already been done.

Rhythm, mp3 or MIDI I play from PA1000, and due to the control of the whole system it is the master iPad! I use the BT keyboard to control it and I have selected commands on it that I need. All this can be set in SB +.

I personally set SB + to a delay of 400ms. I added the PG CH 104 MIDI command on the 16 MIDI channel to the START command. So I have exactly the same mp3 / MIDI in both devices. They both play simultaneously, only SB + is a split second later. Why? If I set the next song on SB + and the previous one closes and opens the new one at the end of the song, I always stay on Player 1 and All settings on the keyboard are fine.

And why such a complicated operation? SB + controls my PA1000 and Luminair (lighting) and Behringer X32 or XR12 (digital mixers - effect ON/OFF). So the whole setup is under my finger and I can focus on performing the music.
I hope I was understandable enough. But if anyone else is interested in any details, just ask.
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
Keymn

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

export-B wrote:
Hello guys.
Some of my findings and tips in using SongBook Korg (SB) and SongBook + on iPad (SB +). Both gadgets complement each other wonderfully.

First write the text to an mp3 or MIDI file. Great for this is the Lyrioke program (Windows). It is necessary to write the text in the entire length of the song, with all the repetitions and then synchronize it in a very easy way. This is done on a PC.

The same mp3 / MIDi is then entered into Korg (PA4X, PA1000, PA700 ...). The text is visible on the screen, which is nicely synchronized with the course of the song.

I enter the same mp3 / MIDI in the SongBook + on the iPad and make a song with the same code as on the keyboard. Ddo not insert text in SB+ !!! When you open the song, the program asks you if you want to extrakt text from mp3 / MIDI. You confirm the case and the same text as in the keyboard is now in SB +. Text scrolling synchronization has also already been done.

Rhythm, mp3 or MIDI I play from PA1000, and due to the control of the whole system it is the master iPad! I use the BT keyboard to control it and I have selected commands on it that I need. All this can be set in SB +.

I personally set SB + to a delay of 400ms. I added the PG CH 104 MIDI command on the 16 MIDI channel to the START command. So I have exactly the same mp3 / MIDI in both devices. They both play simultaneously, only SB + is a split second later. Why? If I set the next song on SB + and the previous one closes and opens the new one at the end of the song, I always stay on Player 1 and All settings on the keyboard are fine.

And why such a complicated operation? SB + controls my PA1000 and Luminair (lighting) and Behringer X32 or XR12 (digital mixers - effect ON/OFF). So the whole setup is under my finger and I can focus on performing the music.
I hope I was understandable enough. But if anyone else is interested in any details, just ask.

Nice additional information on Songbook plus. I am a fan of using the iPad to select songbook numbers...Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: