Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi Krome users....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: hi Krome users.... Reply with quote

I recently upgraded from Kross to Krome. like everything about it but I'm missing a few of the beloved Kross Drum Tracks.

is it possible to import the Kross ones into the Krome?
are there sources out there selling some of these MIDI patterns that can be loaded into the Drum Tracks as user data?

thanks in advance for any/all help!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this in Programs or Combis? In Programs, have you tried the various drum patterns and drum kits, available in the Mixer & Drum tab? In Combis, the drums will be set up as one of the 16 Timbres, so changes can be made there to select the drum kit. Choose the drum pattern on the Drum Track tab on Combi edit page P7.

Alternatively, if you still have the Kross, try connecting a MIDI DIN cable between the Kross MIDI Out and the Krome's MIDI In, and see if the drum MIDI data are transmitted by the Kross and received by the Krome. MIDI channel 10 is normally used for drums on the Krome. On the Kross, in Globals G-MIDI page, set the Drum Track Midi Ch to 10, and Drum Track Prog MIDI Out needs to be selected. The default setting is off (unselected), so the MIDI cable approach won't work until the settings are correct.

A further alternative, if you still have the Kross, is to mix the audio from both boards, and have the Kross playing your favourite drum beats, and use the Krome for the rest.
moontom

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alas I don't have kross any longer.

yes I've found lots via the Prog/Combi searching and the tab. but oddly there are a few from Kross that didn't make it to the EX....I have to say, the drum programming for both of these boards is really good. it's possible to get lost jamming for a while just in a random combination....

thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: