Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duplicate Style Removal - My Way

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Duplicate Style Removal - My Way Reply with quote

I have spent some time locating duplicate styles on the pa1000. So invested in my time to create a method which I am sure their is many more ways or software out there? Please make your comments and/or share other methods/software? I have seen this done another way in another post.

https://youtu.be/9VeAtDO45aM
midimusa

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use for that kind of works "Korg PA Style Lister": http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117163&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=style+lister
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
I use for that kind of works "Korg PA Style Lister": http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117163&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=style+lister

Yes another way...but just taking a more generic approach...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just done this on my PA4X....

If you are wanting to merely identify styles with similar names then the simplest and easiest is to use the STYLE search and then sort the results by name (all on the keyboard) - you can then go through the duplicates, preview and delete them as required - it's quick and easy!!! You don't need software.

To REALLY find true duplicates, you would have to listen to them - there are so many Korg styles now that often two styles with same name are completely different (e.g. on the PA4X "Cool Pop") and in some cases, 2 styles with different names are in fact duplicates (but not often fortunately)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I have just done this on my PA4X....

If you are wanting to merely identify styles with similar names then the simplest and easiest is to use the STYLE search and then sort the results by name (all on the keyboard) - you can then go through the duplicates, preview and delete them as required - it's quick and easy!!! You don't need software.

To REALLY find true duplicates, you would have to listen to them - there are so many Korg styles now that often two styles with same name are completely different (e.g. on the PA4X "Cool Pop") and in some cases, 2 styles with different names are in fact duplicates (but not often fortunately)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

yes there is a way on PA itself, but have to go through each. But able to identify only the duplicate names on a spreadsheet is good too. Then you can only search only those...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But able to identify only the duplicate names on a spreadsheet is good too. Then you can only search only those...

But you still have to go back to the keyboard, load up each duplicate (to confirm) and then delete/rename - nothing wrong with that but doing it on the keyboard enables you to preview the duplicates and delete/rename them using the search list output.
I agree that it would be nice to filter out the "unique" names but several "similar" named styles are in fact the same so it helped to have them all in the search list - scrolling through is fast.

A few ways to do all of this for sure - just sharing my method which I found to be fast and convenient having just done this for all my on board styles (1,900).
Your spreadsheet method would definitely be better if you have more styles than your keyboard can hold.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
But able to identify only the duplicate names on a spreadsheet is good too. Then you can only search only those...

But you still have to go back to the keyboard, load up each duplicate (to confirm) and then delete/rename - nothing wrong with that but doing it on the keyboard enables you to preview the duplicates and delete/rename them using the search list output.
I agree that it would be nice to filter out the "unique" names but several "similar" named styles are in fact the same so it helped to have them all in the search list - scrolling through is fast.

A few ways to do all of this for sure - just sharing my method which I found to be fast and convenient having just done this for all my on board styles (1,900).
Your spreadsheet method would definitely be better if you have more styles than your keyboard can hold.

Take care

Pete Very Happy

But to be curious of duplicates, wouldn’t it advantage to put it in spreadsheet to confirm? It takes a couple minutes...but I understand your point. Another to do it, great! Thanks for input!
midimusa

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other thing is when the styles have different names, but are basically the same style. Anyway is better compare similar styles direct on the KB.
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Did on keyboard, but when done, found a couple duplicates I missed...maybe a senior moment?
...Anyway I am done comparing and have no duplicates on arranger. Now I can load more, but think tapped out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: