Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross 1 88 Keybed Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Kross 1 88 Keybed Issues Reply with quote

Hi everyone Smile

I just got a Kross 1 88 in the mail today from a music store. I bought it used for $419 USD. It is the Platinum Edition and looks great. It also came with a hardshell rolling case (worth about $469.99) on its own. I was not aware that it had a case with it.

Well, I was able to load the sounds from my Kross 1 61 (that I have had for about 4 years) and thought that the 88-key version would make a nice addition to my live rig.

The problem is that some of the keys do not sound unless you strike them VERY hard. It is not natural to play it that way. I called the company I got it from and will take it to them for repair, since I got the extended warranty on it.

I was a little bummed, but like the look of the Platinum, as it matches the look of the i3 (the new version), my Minilogue XD, and my M50 and my Ensoniq VFX that I take to gigs.

There is also a knocking noise when it is place on its side and moved around, and I suspect that there must be a loose key weight or something to do with the keybed, as the E flat 5 key is VERY clunky.

I am somewhat dismayed at the unit, not because of the unit itself, but because the company I got it from said it was in GOOD condition. So now, I have to take it to them tomorrow and let them work on it. I have not even really been able to play it yet (even though I know what to expect since I already have a Kross in my arsenal.

I was thinking of going to the Kross 2, but I like the Kross 1. That is why I chose it Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Curo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Keynes issue Reply with quote

I have an similar issue. My 88 key Kross 2 has a few keys that play too loud. It seems the the velocity sensors are not very reliable. I took it to the authorized warranty repair shop in my city (San Diego). He said they aren't built the way they used to and are now more temperamental. (He also said his repair backlog was 10 weeks, but that's not Korg's fault.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: