Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini Lead on iWavestation for Fading Lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Mini Lead on iWavestation for Fading Lights Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Long time no post here. Since I moved to Apple Mainstage, my use of Korg products has diminished considerably, but I play on a Genesis tribute band, so I need to get some classic Korg sounds. I purchased the iWavestation for my iPad, and yesterday I was able to connect through a lightning cable to my Mac, and send MIDI and get Audio on the same cable. Latency is very fast, so I can use it as a sound module live. Great stuff really.

One problem I'm hearing is that the Mini Lead sound that I hear either in the studio or live versions of the song sounds differently. Is a little bit lower pitched, and is not because I'm using a higher octave, I'm using the right one, but I'm pretty sure that Tony Banks modified the onboard patch. One thing I noticed is that the original is monophonic, so I changed to polyphonic. Still, it doesn't sound right.

I hope my friend Santi is around from the Netherlands ' tribute band We Can't Dance, or is anyone tried to do the same and succeeded? I'm not very good at modifying sounds on the Wavestation.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering my own question. I went and edited the waves, and swapped the first two wave samples, which were on mini-04a and mini-05a to mini-01a on both, and now it sounds exactly than the one Tony used. I'm sooooooo happy!!!!!!

BTW, spoke too soon about latency. Today I had some annoying delay, but after resetting the latency setting, it came back to normal. I guess I need to close all apps and put airplane mode before playing.

I also was able to send program and bank changes on patch change from Mainstage, so no need to worry about using the touchscreen to select my patches when in a hurry.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: