Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi-track audio recording on Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Multi-track audio recording on Kronos Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I may be asking a bit too much here but have the following question:-
I have a Roland HS5 (like the Jam Hub) which will output (USB) multiple audio tracks for DAW multi audio track recording.
Can I do this on the Kronos rather than the DAW?

(Sorry, I'm a bit new to this)

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no, not directly. The Kronos can’t act as a host for USB audio devices.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming that - appreciated.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
joemusik

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: I just got my Kronos Reply with quote

Hi everyone , can anyone help please. I hot drum track and it plays fine but from here how do I change the pattern and the volume , I have the drums playing with a piano sound I can hardly hear the piano , how do you set volumes for each Thank you
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I just got my Kronos Reply with quote

joemusik wrote:
Hi everyone , can anyone help please. I hot drum track and it plays fine but from here how do I change the pattern and the volume , I have the drums playing with a piano sound I can hardly hear the piano , how do you set volumes for each Thank you

you have a Kronos ?
Thats good to hear.

Go to the drum track tab for volume control. There is a pick list for different patterns
joemusik

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject: Yes Thank you I will try now I am really lost Reply with quote

I my so used to my Kurzweil I am lost on the Korg so I play the track then I hit drum track tab I will try that right now

Thank you Please can i Lean on you for help now and then I am not use where to begin , I, nervous I am not really good with this stuff
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Yes Thank you I will try now I am really lost Reply with quote

joemusik wrote:
I my so used to my Kurzweil I am lost on the Korg so I play the track then I hit drum track tab I will try that right now

Thank you Please can i Lean on you for help now and then I am not use where to begin , I, nervous I am not really good with this stuff

Kronos is nothing like your Kurz or Fantom. Almost everyone has to immerse themselves in the manual, videos, for months.

I would not quickly try to integrate Kronos with your other boards. Learn Kronos standalone.

You might consider looking for a local Kronos teacher . Hands on with a teacher is the best way to learn something as complex as Kronos.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Yes Thank you I will try now I am really lost Reply with quote

joemusik wrote:
I am lost on the Korg so I play the track then I hit drum track tab I will try that right now

On the left side of the keyboard, press the TIMBRE/TRACK button. That puts the physical interface in Mixer mode. In Program mode,
Slider 1 = OSC 1 volume
Slider 2 = OSC 2 volume
Slider 3= Drum Track volume.

All these modes (KARMA, EXT, TONE ADJUST, etc.) can make it hard to keep track of what the buttons and sliders do. On the touch screen, press the CONTROL SURFACE tab. Now the screen will show you what all the sliders and buttons are assigned to in any mode.
joemusik

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Yes I agree I need real one on one With the Korg Reply with quote

That is how I learn the Kurzweil my good friend Chirs works at Kurzweil he id=s the guy in every Kurzweil video

But one last thing please If I hit Drum Track and its playing and I am playing a EP sound the EP is very low, Do I lower Drum Track vol, then rasie Master Vol to hear the EP sound to get things balanced, now EP sound is totally lost

I just turned my Machine on I am going to try and lower vol at drum track, I will get right back to you and Thank you
joemusik

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Ok I found my way around a bit Reply with quote

How would I go about getting lessons one on one in the state of CT

Post something on this site? I don't have any Korg friends only Roland and Kurzweil

Thank you everyone I am totally into learning this machine

I have watch endless amounts of you tube viddy before I got it so I could find my way around little . it is weird seeing it in my studio its only been here 4 hours lol

It was a keyboard I just had to have
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Yes I agree I need real one on one With the Korg Reply with quote

joemusik wrote:
If I hit Drum Track and its playing and I am playing a EP sound the EP is very low, Do I lower Drum Track vol, then rasie Master Vol to hear the EP sound to get things balanced, now EP sound is totally lost

I just turned my Machine on I am going to try and lower vol at drum track, I will get right back to you and Thank you

Did you read my post, right above yours???
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ok I found my way around a bit Reply with quote

joemusik wrote:

Post something on this site? I don't have any Korg friends only Roland and Kurzweil

its an option, and consider if you have a budget for a teacher. Hopefully, a nearby Kronos owner would not charge much.

I don't know your town/area. maybe a local music store has ideas on how to reach out.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
The Kronos can’t act as a host for USB audio devices.

Though you can run Ipad audio through USB.

Here's a video that shows how to easily adjust and save the Drum Track volume, along with some Ipad through USB.

Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ok I found my way around a bit Reply with quote

joemusik wrote:

Thank you everyone I am totally into learning this machine

I have watch endless amounts of you tube viddy before I got it so I could find my way around little . it is weird seeing it in my studio its only been here 4 hours lol

As I often say, the Kronos must be considered as a complete musical studio. As soon as you turn the power on, imagine you open a studio door. The consequence is that it is impossible to master all the units at once !
As it has been said before the Kronos is huge time consuming. It has to be known.

If you don't find a teacher :

As you said before, there are plenty of excellent Youtube tutorials. But if you don't follow a learning method, you will quickly feel overwhelmed by all these informations.
But My opinon, and my advice, is to take a breath, don't try to create a song immediatly and instead take the Operation Guide from the first page to the last one, gently, step by step. It is really well made.
Anyway, it will take lots of months to feel at ease.
But the good news is that you will accumulate knowledge and practive and, finally, satisfaction.

After having red the whole Operation Guide, many technical and practical question will arise in your mind : the Parameters Guide, video tutorials, this forum, of course, are made for that. Because you will look for precise answer you will find precise informations.

If you follow a progressive learning, you won't get into discouragement !

Kronos is a fantastic instrument !

So, in conclusion : open and follow the OPERATION GUIDE : https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2010/
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drum track volumes can be too loud at times, and seem to be geared to match instrument volume when playing the keys quite enthusiastically. Once the right volume mix is found, it's worth saving the Program, using the Write option from the drop down menu at top right of screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: