Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External setups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: External setups Reply with quote

Hi all
I’m getting really confused by external setups. I’m trying to use the Kronos control surface to control some vsts in Ableton and possible Live itself and looked up how these work.

Nothing in the pdf manuals really but did find the slightly odd external setup pdf with the example mappings. But there is also an old M50 video by Rich which shows a load of preset templates already in that synth when he accesses setup in the external control surface mode. Eg Korg M1 Le etc...

Do these presets exist in the Kronos? Also, can I create and name and save my own. The ones in the Kronos that appear when I click the setup button in external control mode are just a long list of numbered instances with no apparent way to name them.

Many thanks for your help
Kind regards
Steve
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preset external setups do indeed exist, and it is possible to create and save your own setups, too. Unfortunately they are referenced numerically (0-127) and cannot be assigned useful names, unlike the M50, which does allow the setups to be named. There is an External Setups document listing the assignments:

KRONOS_ExtSetups_E1.pdf - maybe this is the "slightly odd external setup pdf" document being referred to, but wasn't sure.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/

you are going to put us out of the Kronos free support business Very Happy

That link has all the instruction for 90% of the Kronos questions on this forum.
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both! You have clarified what I thought based on searching my Kronos. Very helpful
Thanks
Steve
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The External Setups document needs to be printed on A2 size paper; even on A3 paper, the print is barely readable. A 4kUHD TV/monitor is necessary to be able to see a whole page and be able to read it!!! The last column headed "HINT" gives useful info on how to get the external target, be it VST, host, or hardware, into the correct state for external control.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a video that I posted a short while ago. I hope it helps you out. I did not go into very deep details about this mode in the video, but it's definitely enough to get you started with the link between the Kronos and Ableton. With that said, I do plan to do a mini series on the Kronos and its control panel system. Please keep an eye out for it.

Again, I hope this helps you. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I am very happy to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: