Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to disable "Local Off" button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TicoRicoRay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: How to disable "Local Off" button Reply with quote

I love my Korg SV1-, but I can get a little aggressive in live performances.

Unfortunately, the "Local Off" button is right by C#5 - and if i get too choked up on the key, it's easy to bump and lose all sounds right in the middle of a performance.

Does anyone know a way to disable this button (and the Favorites buttons too for a similar reason). I've searched online a lot and found nothing so far.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no means to disable the Local Off key function, short of actually cutting the track to the switch on the printed circuit board, or removing the switch cap, both of which require pretty much complete disassembly of the SV-1. An alternative might be to 3D print a horizontal ladder-shaped frame that goes over the switches, such that the switches sit between the rungs, making it more difficult to unintentionally depress the buttons. An alternative to 3D printing, a piece of 3-4mm thick plastic or metal could be cut and shaped to suit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: