Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody have realistic piano sounds for Korg pa4x?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
it would be nice if :
1) Someone could resample Ivory II American Concert D (24layers)
2) korg update pa4x's Os

No wiggle room here. This is your OP. Why would it be ‘nice’ for someone to resample Ivory if the only person that could use it would be the person who resampled it? This is without doubt a thinly veiled attempt to elicit piracy, pure and simple.

There is a vast difference between sampling a hardware synth and a sampled library that someone made. Likewise there’s a vast difference between sampling a legacy synth (and just a few of its possible sounds, at that), and wholesale copying of a current workstation or arranger’s ROM. Like I said go resample a Genos and see how legal Yamaha think that is!

Ivory II is a $299 product. The version for Motif cost $99 ...

But I guess it might be ‘nice’ if we didn’t have to pay Synthogy, right? Rolling Eyes

By the way, I also have been a professional keyboard player, pianist, session musician and studio engineer for nearly 50 years. You know what would be ‘epic’? If those with apparently no agenda other than to stir the pot would quit chiming in... Either you have an opinion on the subject, which does affect all of us (how legal is it to rip off existing commercial products?) or you are here to eat popcorn.

Again I say, someone that is trying to sell software that is EASILY copied and given away should really think twice about encouraging others to do the same. That is all. The simple answer is no, if you wouldn’t want someone to do it to you, you shouldn’t want it done to someone else. It’s called ‘ethics’, kids, and is part of being a professional. Or so it ought, I guess.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You simply don't understand the meaning of ''having a desire for something that you already know that cannot be done,
yet you imagine and wish for that one to come true someday''.
This is the the deepest desire for every keyboard player ,
having his favorite piano always with him.

You lack humor as well , maybe it's your culture, what can i say?

I never encouraged someone to actually resample the piano for the reasons
we all understand,except you.

Stop hanging on to every word we say in here.
After all, it's not our mother language for many of us.
Really stop it or i will start thinking that something is going wrong with you !!!

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
You lack humor as well ...

No kidding! He's got an ugly attitude to go with it too. We used to have another hard-headed impossible user just like him. Dikki something? Anyway, good luck with this thread.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Dikki something?

Thanks for that reminder Sam - I've only recently recovered... and now instantly back on medication....
Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
Dikki something?

Thanks for that reminder Sam - I've only recently recovered... and now instantly back on medication....
Wink

Damn! Sorry Pete, I had to say it. Uncanny similiarities...etc.

Laughing

Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skipping all the discussion about copyright and sampling for now.....did anyone even try the free 6 layer Yamaha C5 piano? It is a least something different to the inbuilt pianos and you never know it might be worthwhile giving it a go.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029
Features include standard and large grand versions as well as pedal down sympathetic resonance. Its the typical Yamaha bright sound but I've also included some darker versions as well that might be of some use.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how ‘humorous’ you’d find someone pirating YOUR software..?

I wish this hadn’t have got out of hand, but it could all have been avoided with a simple admission of ‘Whoops, I didn’t really think of it like that!’ or ‘My English isn’t great, that’s not what I meant’.

But what we got was post after post trying to justify resampling existing software products. Sorry if I take that without humor, but I realize that as musicians, most of us rely on these talented content creators to give us these amazing tools to make realistic music without owning things like world class pianos, or having access to world class orchestras. And their continued creativity depends on their continued financial success, which is constantly under threat from piracy. If they can’t make money doing it, they will stop.

If it is of any consolation, korg1, I would be as vocal against anyone else suggesting that it’s OK to copy YOUR hard work too. You deserve to get paid for your work. And so do Synthogy...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems obvious in this topic that we all agree and have the same feelings regarding piracy of products so let's leave this banter now and move on

(and hope that the OP is alive and well - would be nice to know that he has at least tried Reuben's excellent pianos Confused Confused )

Very Happy
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Skipping all the discussion about copyright and sampling for now.....did anyone even try the free 6 layer Yamaha C5 piano? It is a least something different to the inbuilt pianos and you never know it might be worthwhile giving it a go.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029
Features include standard and large grand versions as well as pedal down sympathetic resonance. Its the typical Yamaha bright sound but I've also included some darker versions as well that might be of some use.

I've recently installed these pianos and - again, just like your Epianos and guitars - they sound absolutely awesome!
I mostly play the factory Italian grand, but your set does have on par but very different colour piano sounds.
In particular I like the basic C5 grand and - in some cases - the Theatre version (nice reverb!) and some of the Dark and Bright pianos.

In my opinion a "must have" set of piano sounds and a great extension of the PA4X sound library.

A few days ago I've played some quite expensive digital pianos (Kawai CA99, Yam CLP 675, Roland LX706) in a store with my own pair of headphones.
When I got home and played the Korg Italian grand and some of Reubens pianos, with the same headphones, I was pleasantly surprised that they sounded almost just as good (to my ears).

Many thanks Reuben for creating these fantastic sounds and for sharing them with the Korg community.

Play in style. Wink
shawnstanley123

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Korg pa4x Reply with quote

Thank you guys for helping me...I was really busy with my work during the last days so i wasnt able to visit Korg forums until today
And i have tried the pianos Reuben has sampled long back before i posted this topic.. Thanks again

Regards!!!!

Smile Smile
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try my tweaked version of factory piano here :
https://pasongstyles.com/item/ivory-sz-grand-for-korg-pa4x/

First demo clip is my piano,
second is pa4x' factory piano

shawnstanley123

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Korg pa4x Reply with quote

Thanks!!
KONNECTORAS

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to blow things up, ANY sampling or RE-sampling even from your OWN instruments or expansion cards, even for STRICTLY personal use, i.e in your own sample-palyback units, is unauthorised copying of software...

To be clearer, I have re-sampled digitally my Kurzweil K2600 Triple Strike Piano for personal use in my Korg Pa3X arranger.
Again, this is not ok by the copyright laws.

When you buy an instrument, an expansion card or a VST instrument, you take the right to PRODUCE prototype music, cleared from any copyright demands from the raw material's owner.
As Roland leaflets say: "make your OWN music, but do not copy the sounds, or re-distribute them.

Is as simple as it sounds...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KONNECTORAS wrote:
As Roland leaflets say: "make your OWN music, but do not copy the sounds, or re-distribute them

Interesting/confusing, so how do they patent the actual sounds - on what basis are they copyright - at what technical level are these "owned"?
Example: D50 sounds - available for Korg, Nord, Yamaha etc... and they are very good and hard to differentiate from the original and they are NOT offered by Roland!!

Please understand that I am NOT arguing at all here - would just like to know the following....

We have plagiarism checks/copyright rules on songs but what are the "rules" regarding sounds?

So, if I create a new sound on my Jupiter-80 which sounds identical to a Korg sound and compare that process to actually copying the Korg sound "illegally" (as you imply), how is the copyright issue determined/proven?

This whole issue seems to be a bag of worms.... it's like the "styles" copying which has (rightly or wrongly) been going on for many years - collections still available on e-bay and many on these forums....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

WHOOPS - I JUST HIT 9000 posts - I NEED TO GET A LIFE Wink
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's illegal even to sample your girlfriend while singing in the shower .
Same way is illegal to sample a Steinway piano without Steinway's permission.

But since your sampled piano doesn't actually sound like the original steinway ,or your sampled girlfriend's voice doesn't sound like Whitney Houston,i believe you won't have a problem with that. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: