Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem assigning styles to slots in Pa1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
takis46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Problem assigning styles to slots in Pa1000 Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Happy Easter holidays!
I could use some advice:
I downloaded the bonusware styles from KORG, for my Pa1000. I unzipped and copied them on a USB stick. Then I tried to install pressing Media and selecting them. Every style installs and plays fine, BUT only one at a time! When I install the second, the previous is gone! They all go to User1 bank, I cannot make the second go to User2, etc.
Pa was supposed to ask me which user bank to use, during the installation process, but it doesn't...
Has anybody any idea how to resolve the issue?
Thanks in advance,
Takis
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Takis. How I see your post is I think your problem is not a problem as such. All the packs have User 1 as default and I can't see what you're actually doing. I've compiled all Bonus packs up to 37 in one pack. I did it for my pa700 but all will work In pa1000 as well. I've not had time to add the latest editions yet! I would use Direct Folder to load them.

Global -> Mode preferences -> Tab to Media page -> Browse to folder on usb.

Heres my link.

https://app.box.com/s/p78jmdlmv4wflkoxcutf5bx05qp7cmm7

Hope that works for you ok.. Smile

Regards
Keith
takis46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Hi Takis. How I see your post is I think your problem is not a problem as such. All the packs have User 1 as default and I can't see what you're actually doing. I've compiled all Bonus packs up to 37 in one pack. I did it for my pa700 but all will work In pa1000 as well. I've not had time to add the latest editions yet! I would use Direct Folder to load them.
Regards
Keith

Dear Keith,
I am happy that there are still good Samaritans in the music world!
I downloaded your style compilation and will install it asap, in order to have all styles at hand ( "fingers" is probably more appropriate Smile ).
One last question, shall I first remove the ones I installed, or install over them? If yes, please tell me how to delete them, since I am an analog pianist of a certain age.

I heartly thank you,
Takis
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Takis. I would use the Direct Folder route as that wont affect anything on the pa1000. If you do install via the media route to USER then you will overwrite all your User style Banks....

With korg files you have to break them down in Media as there's an hierarchy to their structure. You can load individual styles or complete Banks eg.. User1, User2 etc..

Media -> Folder [open] -> Style [open] -> Individual style files [Load] ….

Media --> Folder -> Style [Load] to specific Bank, User 1-12

Hope that helps...
takis46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With korg files you have to break them down in Media as there's an hierarchy to their structure. You can load individual styles or complete Banks eg.. User1, User2 etc..
Media -> Folder [open] -> Style [open] -> Individual style files [Load] ….
Media --> Folder -> Style [Load] to specific Bank, User 1-12
Hope that helps...[/quote]

Dear Keith,
Yes, it helped me a lot!
I installed your compilation and covered up to 37.
There are 3 newer additions, as well as some individual bonus styles (Mexican, Spanish, German, etc) which also work fine. I started installing them one by one as individual styles, according to your suggestion. Now it asks for a user bank.
Although it looks like work for prisoners Smile , it will do. Anyway, you did 99% of the job (1 to 37)!
Hopefully, it might take a day but I will install them all. Except of the Turkish of course, for obvious reasons, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks again for solving my problem,
best regards,
Takis
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Takis. It was a pleasure to help as much as I could. Enjoy your keyboard Smile
romney_yw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another way that this can be achieved directly on the arranger fairly easily, as long as you have plenty of empty style slots in your User section.

1) Firstly, I recommend using Media - Save - All to create a new set folder containing the current settings of your keyboard in case something goes horribly wrong and you need to reload (see also step 7 below). Also use Media - Utility - Full Resource Backup to create a backup of your internal data as an extra precaution.

2) Now press and hold the Shift key and then press the Media key to display the Global - Mode Preferences - Media page, and use the Browse button near the bottom to load one of the Korg Bonus style sets as the Direct folder. Press the Exit button when the folder has been loaded.

3) Select the main page in Style Play mode and press the Style Select button to display the Style Select window (or just tap the Style name in the top corner of the main page). Now tap the Direct tab at the top of the screen. The chosen bonus styles should be displayed. These are usually on the first page (P1) of the first User 1 style bank. If there are more than 8 bonus styles, the extra ones will spill over onto the next page, and in a few cases, the bonus styles have been saved in a different style bank (i.e. User 2 or perhaps User 4, rather than User 1).

4) You can now play the styles from the Direct tab and work out which ones you want to keep. Select the first style by tapping on it in the usual way. Press and hold the Shift key and tap each of the other styles which you want to save.

(Tip: If you want to preserve the order of the styles, select down the first column and then down the second column. Do not select the additional styles across each row.)

5) Open the Page menu (top right corner) and select the Copy and Paste command. Now tap the User tab to select the User styles, select a style bank (e.g. User 1, User 2, etc and then the page P1, P2, P3, etc where you want to save the copied styles. Tap the location where you want the first style to be pasted. The remaining styles will be pasted downwards into the following locations starting below the location you tapped, and spilling over to the next page where necessary.

(Tip: If any of the paste locations already contains a style setting, a warning message will be displayed, asking you to confirm that the style should be overwritten. However, if all the locations are empty, the copied styles will be pasted successfully.

Tip: The paste operation fails and a warning message is displayed if the there aren't sufficient locations in the current style bank for the styles being copied. e,g, if you try to paste 9 styles onto the last page of a style bank, there isn't space for the ninth style which cannot spill over onto a page which doesn't exist.)

6) Now repeat the process from step 2 to load a different Bonus Set as the Direct folder. Choose the styles you wish to use and copy them to a different location in the User styles.

(Tip: Use the Rename User Banks command from the Page menu to change the names of the banks from User 1, User 2, etc to something more useful.)

7) When you have copied all the bonus styles you wish to use to your User styles, use Media - Save - All to create a new SET folder containing your selection of User styles. If you wish, you can now load this new SET as your direct folder, making all your chosen styles available under Direct, and then restore your original User styles from the SET folder which you created in step 1 above (you did, didn't you?)

This process was developed using my PA700, but I believe the same method should work on both PA1000 and PA4X keyboards. I hope this is useful.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: