Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disable the MIDI Clock output of original Minilogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4Andy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Disable the MIDI Clock output of original Minilogue Reply with quote

Hi, is it possible to disable the MIDI Clock output from the original (silver) Minilogue when it is synchronised to a DAW? I am using Cubase 9.5 and have "MIDI Thru Active" enabled and Local Off set on all my outboard synths in a typical configuration, so I can play and monitor all synths without echo etc. .

All synths behave as expected, except for the Minilogue. The Minilogue refuses to stop sending MIDI Clock output when Clock Source is set to Auto (USB) or Auto (MIDI). The Minilogue synchronises to Cubase correctly, but continues to transmit it's own clock back to Cubase, which then gets looped back via the monitoring on the track.

The result of this is that when I use a Minilogue sound that uses the Arpeggiator or when I want to use the built in sequencer, the sound goes haywire and seems to at least double the speed of the playback.

The Minilogue manual says that "the internal clock will be synchronised" which it is, but says nothing about how to disable it's own clock, when another is the Master, so I don't think you can.

I also couldn't find a related question already answered on this, either here or in Google.

Can anyone help, please. Many thanks. Andy.
Kozmos2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is it possible to disable the MIDI Clock output from the original (silver) Minilogue

not that i know of ..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i've used "midi pipe" on a mac
to filter out the mnlg's clock before it gets to a daw

( must be a similar app for PC's windows )

~~~~~~`
surly89

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Me too! Reply with quote

I also would like some way to disable the sending of Timing Event messages.
piseh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump!
quenepas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to know of a way to disable the mini/mono clock.

Seems the Mono/Mini/XD all share the same MIDI clock parameters.

From the Monologue manual:

"Many features of the monologue can be sync’d to the tempo or BPM. This parameter allows you to specify whether the clock source is internal, or an external MIDI Clock Source.

-Auto (USB), Auto (MIDI): When there is no input, the internal clock will be
used; and when input is detected, the internal clock will be synchronized to the
clocks from the USB B and MIDI IN connectors respectively.
-Internal: Only the internal clock to be used.

When a cable is plugged into the SYNC IN jack, the internal clock is
synchronized to the SYNC IN jack clock, regardless of the MIDI clock
settings.

Synchronizing the Sequencer:

Use the “Clock Source” setting on button 6 (this is not correct, 6? nope!)in the GLOBAL EDIT mode to set whether the monologue will be the master (the device controlling the synchronization) or the slave (the device being controlled) when the Sequencer is played (“Clock Source”, p. 42).

TIP When synchronizing to an external MIDI device, refer to that device’s
Owner’s manual.

Using the monologue as the master to slave external MIDI devices:

Connect the MIDI OUT connector of the monologue to the MIDI IN connector
on your external MIDI device(s). In the GLOBAL EDIT mode, set the Clock Source of the monologue to “Internal”, and configure the external MIDI device to receive clock data via MIDI. The monologue will act as the master, and the tempo that is set using the TEMPO knob on the monologue will be sent as MIDI timing clock data to operate the external MIDI device (sequencers, rhythm machines, and so on).

Slaving the monologue clock to an external MIDI device:

Connect the MIDI IN connector of the monologue to the MIDI OUT connector
on your external MIDI device. In the GLOBAL EDIT mode, set the Clock Source of the monologue to “Auto(MIDI)”, and configure the external MIDI device to transmit MIDI clock data. The monologue will automatically act as the slave whenever a MIDI timing clock is received, and will be driven by the tempo of the external MIDI device (sequencers, rhythm machines, and so on)this doesnt work as described, the Monologue will still send clock throwing in nasty midi loops. Clocks either need to be filtered out by software or smart MIDI boxes or simply not connecting a MIDI cable to the Monologue OUT. This means that if working with DAW you gotta plug in to capture the midi data and unplug if going dawless. My exact issue..

TIP Even if you set the Clock Source to “Auto (USB)” or “Auto (MIDI)”,
the monologue will operate in “Internal” MIDI clock mode, unless a
clock is received from an external device.

So something I have not tried is to try and fool the device by pluggin in a dummy 3.5mm to the clock in so Mono software thinks its a slave and actually stops forcing MIDI clock out?
LM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quenepas wrote:
So something I have not tried is to try and fool the device by pluggin in a dummy 3.5mm to the clock in so Mono software thinks its a slave and actually stops forcing MIDI clock out?

Yes, this trick will disable the transmission of MIDI clock, but it will also at the same time disable the internal sequencer and all forms of internal/external synchronization, so keep that in mind, as it may not be the desired effect under certain circumstances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: