Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA2X sound distorsed and "Device Generic error&quo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neovsmith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Korg PA2X sound distorsed and "Device Generic error&quo Reply with quote

Dea all,
I just bougth a PA2X keyboard and decided to install the last version of the OS 2.02.
I ran the installation procedure and it went well, the OS has bee installed, then I tried to load some Sets, after that the PA2X sound became distorsed, I tried to format it using the format PKG and reinstall the OS, I could not.
the OS format package runs correctly but the installation of the OS alwyas stops with "Device Generic error",
I couldnt figure out if this issue was caused by the OS installation or the new set installation, but I think it's the second option, I tried all erase bottons I found to clean as much as possible bot nothing to do, once I run the OS installation I got the Device Generic error, I was wondering if the SSD is not protected some how because the issue seems to be linked to the it. unfortunatly I didn' make a bkp file, I saved all my configuration as a SET, but I can't load it, as I got the same error.
I tried more than 6 procedure found on forums but it didn't work.
So your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Neo
Korg PA2X
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neo

I would try this:-
Download a completely new copy of the update (PKG file)
Format and use a different USB drive

This will eliminate a corrupted download and USB problem.

Let us know how you go..

(Good luck! and welcome to Korg Forums))

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
neovsmith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Karmathanever for you reply!
I tried the OS package downloade from a different location, I copied it also to run it from the HD drive and not the USB key, still seeing the same issue. "Device Generic error"
I cant' update the OS, I can't update load a SET it' like if the SSD is locekd.
Thanks for you help.
Neo

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Neo

I would try this:-
Download a completely new copy of the update (PKG file)
Format and use a different USB drive

This will eliminate a corrupted download and USB problem.

Let us know how you go..

(Good luck! and welcome to Korg Forums))

Pete Very Happy

neovsmith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I recorded a video showing the issue I faced :
https://youtu.be/UdZ1yehUNX8

Thanks for your help
Neo
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I think that the problem is in your SSD or the previous owner has blocked it, did u check all before u buy the keyboard? Contact the KORG Service in your country!
Regards Nick Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Pa2x - Device error Reply with quote

neovsmith wrote:
.. recorded a video showing the issue ..

Hello Neo,
I can not believe why you are acting rather fearfully but not more resolutely to make your instrument playable.

The error message clearly display a "Device Generic error" - nothing else, but your Pa2x is working well as it also is processing your utility to format internal SSD.

I think there is no problem in your SSD and nothing is blocked from a previous owner, so it won't be necessary to contact KORG in your country!

Simply accept the error message and use another device to reactivate your Pa2x - maybe already download of the zipped file from "Pa2x_os_res_v201.pkg" was faulty or unpacking the zip-files was faulty. That of course on every data device causes an error, no matter whether on HD or USB stick.

Your YouTube video shows that the file "Pa2x_os_res_v201.pkg" used memorized is on the same USB stick as the formatting utility - maybe it is probably an old, faulty file. So just follow Karmathan's advice, start a new download of the required, current files, unzip and copy the new file to another stick and try to install it - just throw away the old files.

*** Downloads you will find on URL https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/186/ ***
Pa2X Pro/Format Utility1.0 2015.07.20 / ZIP : 820.0KB
Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.02 2015.07.20 / ZIP : 113.3MB
Pa2X Pro/Operating System2.02 2015.06.01 / ZIP : 5.5MB
Pa2X Pro/System Reset2.02 2015.06.01 / ZIP : 7.7MB
Pa2X Pro/Format Utility1.0: with that utility the internal SSD memory get formated and all Factory and User data will be erased - as we could see, that utility of you is ok and works perfect, as the message “System Format Completed” appears.

Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.01: seems do be corrupted, as you get "Device Generic error".

Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.02: download this utility, upack it to get Pa2x_os_res_v202.pkg (Size 127 MB) to another USB-Stick. - hope you will not get again "Device Generic error".

Also copy your Pa2xPro/FormatUtility to the same USB-Stick and start that utility to format internal SSD. After “System Format Completed” appears try to implement "Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.02" it as described in Pa2xLoadingOSandResources.pdf (turn on while keeping the INTRO 1 button pressed ..).

This utility will load the new Operating System and Musical Resources, with all the features added with all the previous updates. Pa2X_os_res_v202.pkg combines the Operating System and the Musical Resources and loading may take up to 10 minutes.

Pa2X Pro/Operating System2.02: you need not to download this OS, in case previous installing "Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.02" was successful.
Pa2X Pro/System Reset2.02: you need not to download this resources, in case previous installing "Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.02" was successful.

Only in case installing "Pa2X Pro/Operating System and Musical Resources2.02" was not successful, download Pa2X Pro/Operating System2.02 and unpack it to your new USB-Stick - it contains Pa2x_os_v202.PKG and its size is 5,6 MB. Also download Pa2X Pro/System Reset2.02 and unpack it to your new USB-Stick - it contains Pa2x_res_v202.BKP and its size is 8 MB.

Pa2x_os_v202.PKG contain the Operating System - turn the Pa2X off. Then turn on your Pa2x while keeping the INTRO 1 button pressed, select From your USB-F select “Pa2X_os_v[nnn].pkg” file will begin to copy OS to Pa2x (as described in Pa2x Loading OS and resources.pdf). At the end you get the message "System updated - please switch off".

Pa2X_res_v[nnn].bkp includes the Musical Resources (Sounds, Performances, Styles, Pads, STSs, SongBook, Voice Processor and Global data). To load it, use the “Loading a .BKP file” procedure as described.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: