Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS-20m CV Out and Trig Out?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: MS-20m CV Out and Trig Out? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone can please explain to me how to use the CV-Out (Hz/V) and Trig-Out on the MS-20m. I am triggering the MS-20m from the Trig-In and VCO1+2 Hz/V ports and thought the Outs would replicate the ins, but it seems not. Can anyone advise how to make use of the CV Out (Hz/V) and Trig Out on the MS-20m?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Disclaimer: I don't have a MS20m.

Are the CV Out and Trig Out not controlled by sending note events over MIDI to the MS20?
My guess, when you insert patch cables into VCO1+2 and Trig in, they cut the path coming from MIDI, but do no replicate to CV Out and Trig Out as this would more or less mean that the Trig and CV points are connected.

MIDI IN -> CV Out and Trig Out
Internal CV and Trig: from MIDI IN or Trig In/CV In inputs when a patch cable is inserted.

Have fun!
guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp wrote:
Hi,

Disclaimer: I don't have a MS20m.

Are the CV Out and Trig Out not controlled by sending note events over MIDI to the MS20?
My guess, when you insert patch cables into VCO1+2 and Trig in, they cut the path coming from MIDI, but do no replicate to CV Out and Trig Out as this would more or less mean that the Trig and CV points are connected.

MIDI IN -> CV Out and Trig Out
Internal CV and Trig: from MIDI IN or Trig In/CV In inputs when a patch cable is inserted.

Have fun!

Thanks for your response. "Yes" you are right. The CV-Out (Hz/V) and Trig-Out produce output from related to MIDI In, but not for Hz/V CV IN nor V/Oct CV IN. On a Keyboarded MS-20, these output ports send Hv/V CV and S-Trigs from the Keyboard. Thank for your valuable input.

Just to add a bit more, just like keyboarded MS-20 where you can use the keyboard output independently of the CV-In and Trig-In used for the synth, so too on the MS-20m, you can use MIDI-IN to produce output at the CV-OUT and TRIG-OUT, independent of of the CV-IN and Trig-In for the synth.

It's also worth noting that the MIDI-In and Hz/V CV in are mutually exclusive. If you have incoming MIDI and plug a jack in the HZ/V CV In or S-Trig-In, MIDI to the Synth is cut, although output from the MIDI will be available at the Hz/V-OUT and Trig-Out.

Conversely, MIDI-In and V/Oct appear to be additive when both are incoming to the Synth. i.e If you have both incoming MIDI and V/Oct CV and Trig-In, the gates from both the MIDI and that recieved over Trig-In will be combined as too will the MIDI note with the voltage from the CV-In.

Last edited by guru on Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying further.
I'm just a bit surprised V/Oct in and MIDI-In are additive.

Bye!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: