Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4x Pitch Bend range issues os 3.1.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petr_KorgPA1xPro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Korg Pa4x Pitch Bend range issues os 3.1.0 Reply with quote

Hello

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this issue that i recently came across on my pa4x. Originally i got a message on my screed regarding the clock and that battery needed to be replace however while playing in "style play mode" while I which from different sound to sound example E.piano to Sax the sax sound completely off pitch. When i switch back to e.piano it stay the same for every sound.

I try a different style with other sounds and still sounds very bad almost like its transposed a full step up, play from Cm my sound is in Dm.

I recently updated the OS to the latest version 3.1.0 replaced the battery and factory reset twice and still the same issue.

I tried to further trouble shoot and i found that when Im in the Menu- Mixer tuning- Tuning- pitch bend range the main two sounds are dialed to 2. this means that if I was to use the pitch wheel it will go up 2 notes or 2 notes down (left to right). however this does not work that way the sound stays 2 notes up and does not come down to say natural C note if Im playing from C.

Im wondering what can be wrong here. Could this be something wrong with the operating system or something physical. My korg pa4x has little hours on it practically brand new. can someone help.

thanks
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: pitch Reply with quote

you say ...when you bend up it stays 2 notes up and does not come down to say natural C note ,, and if you bend down is it the same ,, it does not returm to C note...

Did this happen with the old operating system..

If you had a SD card in it I would take it out I will take the battery back out,,
leave it sit for 5 minutes add then reinstall operating system os2...
if you back to os2 and it works ,, os3 just loaded in wrong ...

remember backup first and delete all samples...

It could be the pitch bendor itself ,there is a way in the service mode to check that,,,
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x Pitch Bend range issues os 3.1.0 Reply with quote

Petr_KorgPA1xPro wrote:
Hello

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this issue that i recently came across on my pa4x. Originally i got a message on my screed regarding the clock and that battery needed to be replace however while playing in "style play mode" while I which from different sound to sound example E.piano to Sax the sax sound completely off pitch. When i switch back to e.piano it stay the same for every sound.

I try a different style with other sounds and still sounds very bad almost like its transposed a full step up, play from Cm my sound is in Dm.

I recently updated the OS to the latest version 3.1.0 replaced the battery and factory reset twice and still the same issue.

I tried to further trouble shoot and i found that when Im in the Menu- Mixer tuning- Tuning- pitch bend range the main two sounds are dialed to 2. this means that if I was to use the pitch wheel it will go up 2 notes or 2 notes down (left to right). however this does not work that way the sound stays 2 notes up and does not come down to say natural C note if Im playing from C.

Im wondering what can be wrong here. Could this be something wrong with the operating system or something physical. My korg pa4x has little hours on it practically brand new. can someone help.

thanks

Please keep in mind that I am answering this as a PA700 user (that is the PA series model that I have).

There is a chance that your joystick may be failing. I offer this theory because it happened to me last year. I ended up having to buy another joystick and installing it. It is very easy to do (at least on the PA700) and it actually took longer to unscrew all of the screws that it did to install the new joystick.

They do fail every now and then. I bought my replacement joystick from partsisparts.net . The joystick for the PA700 is the same as is on MANY of Korg's products (M50, M3, PA600, etc...). I think the joystick is the same for your unit.

Another thing that I found when I had my PA700 open was that the cables/wires that attached to the joystick were too tight. They were starting to stretch, and it was amplified by the zip-tie Korg used to hold the wires in place. I loosened them and thought that it corrected the problem.

About 2 weeks ago, I experienced symptoms again, very similar to the ones you describe. I took the keyboard apart again, and noticed that one of the wires actually broke. That is why my joystick failed (this time around). I added another small wire, between the broken sections, to bridge the two broken pieces together and fired up the unit. It worked.

Korg did not put enough wire in the units (at least my model) and they are stretching too much and eventually, may stretch to the point where they will break apart. As long as they do not break at the connector point (the connector that plugs into the joystick assembly itself), you can re-route them, or add junction wires between them so they no longer stretch.

Another thing you can try to do is re-calibrate the joystick. Maybe the OS threw the joystick out of whack. I do not remember the button presses, but there is a button or two you need to press while turning on the unit. Maybe another user can help with this portion.

I use the joystick A LOT on my PA700. I do not hold the stick portion between two fingers like many do. I actually rest my hand over the whole joystick and move it with my hand, just below my index finger. It makes for much more believable guitar leads and I have more control.

I hope that some of this helps...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: