Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Combi in recording

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling Holobyte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Using Combi in recording Reply with quote

Hello all,
Been working on my antiquated but still working like a charm 01-WFD workstation, and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to use one of the sounds found on the COMBI button for recording in the Sequencing section.
Previously I have always recorded using the sounds that are available in sequencing, but would like to use some Combi sounds as they are fuller. I just can't figure how to use them when recording. Or are they simply intended for use when playing live or something?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Song menu, P9, there is the Copy from Combi option, which copies each of the Timbres from the desired Combi into a separate Tracks in the Song, including the various transpose, detune, effects and other settings. Since Combis can contain up to 8 timbres, the two allowed destinations are Tracks 1-8 or 9-16, so it's possible to use two different Combis. Any Programs already allocated to those Tracks in the Song will be overwritten, but they can be added later. The MIDI channels for the Tracks need to be set the same in order to play at the same time. Remember also, the 32/16 voice limit (single/double mode Programs) for the tone generator in the 01W/FD.
Sterling Holobyte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes!! Thank you, voip! I guess I should have gone down a few more pages in the menu. Or I just overlooked it. Either way, thanks a ton!

One of the combi sounds I want to use has a sound on some of the tracks but are "off". I am guessing I can use those tracks because they don't add anything to the sound, correct?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be OK to use tracks that are set to "Off" to add other sounds. It will drive up the number of voices in use, and the maximum number of effects will probably be exceeded, so bear that in mind, as the sound may change because of that. A bit of effects "curation" may be required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: