Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook editor 2.0 and 3.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Songbook editor 2.0 and 3.0 Reply with quote

I have a pa1000 and PA3x. Is it possible to load both versions of the Songbook editor on one pc? I have tried many ways, but no luck. I need both
Versions as I want to reference off of my PA3x songbook list when making my new list on pa1000.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: songbook Reply with quote

Open two songbooks on your computer ..then copy and drag between them....

You will need song book editor 2 for the Pa3 and songbook editor 3 ,, for the pa1000....

I don't think songbook3 reads pa3x ...
Try it what do you got to lose ,,,,let us know
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: songbook Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:

You will need song book editor 2 for the Pa3 and songbook editor 3 ,, for the pa1000....

If you have songbook 2.0 on pc, songbook 3 over writes it as an upgrade. And vice versa, if you have songbook 3.0 on pc, songbook 2.0 can’t be loaded because it says “a later version is already installed”. Not a biggy since I Could just print out of old song names and resources as reference...now I have the PA3x banks, user and favorites on a usb stick plugged into pa1000. If I need a style not on pa1000, load from there into a slot.
I understand several ways to put old songbook list on new machine, but in my view, go through 1 song at a time because might find a improved style arrangement. After all, we have the time🙃...
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: songbook Reply with quote

[quote="Keymn"]
duby2 wrote:

I found the answer:

“Install the old version.
Find the program folder (probably somewhere in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)) and copy it somewhere else.
Install the new version.
Try to run the old version from the folder you copied it to.
This will work if the installation is "basic" and just copies files in a folder and creates shortcuts.”

I found the installed 2.0 file named Korg under C:\Program Files (x86) and cut and pasted it to desktop. Then I was able to install 3.0...
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: songbook Reply with quote

I just change the name of the folder and also just copy the whole forder to a usb driver and in stall the songbook 3 ,,,
if I can do it ,any one can do it ...
some time .
I would have 3 songbooks open this way when I copy and paste I would paste them to my third song book so it would sort them in alphabetical order then I would recopy it back to the song open I wanted to use... You cannot sort an alphabetical order when you make a set list up just the main list can be sorted and that's the one I would copy over into a custom list good work stay healthy... Smile
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: songbook Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
I just change the name of the folder and also just copy the whole forder to a usb driver and in stall the songbook 3 ,,,
if I can do it ,any one can do it ...
some time .
I would have 3 songbooks open this way when I copy and paste I would paste them to my third song book so it would sort them in alphabetical order then I would recopy it back to the song open I wanted to use... You cannot sort an alphabetical order when you make a set list up just the main list can be sorted and that's the one I would copy over into a custom list good work stay healthy... Smile

Thanks for your input and support. I learned something new...🤓...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: