Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linking to laptop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jar125

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Linking to laptop Reply with quote

I am in lockdown over here in the UK and am trying to set up a session where I play live with a guitarist using skype. I have a recorded song in MP3 format on my laptop and want to input a signal from the Korg to the laptop so that I can improvise over the song as it plays and the sound of the keyboard is added to the computer audio. I guess this should be possible using a USB output on the korg.
However, the user manual talks about triggering sequencers, controlling other instruments and so on, but I can find nothing on simply adding the sound of the keyboard to a computer's audio signal. Can anyone help please?
jar125

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way. At this stage I am NOT trying to record the combined signal of the MP3 and the keyboard signal. I simply want the sound of the keyboard plus the MP3 song to be audible on the laptop audio.
Thanks again for any suggestions. Smile
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only midi and file transfer can be done through that USB port. If you have an audio interface connected to the PC you should use a pair of TRS to XLR Cables to run into that (or TRS to TRS if it only has 1/4 inch inputs) and then use Asio4all or the interface driver to route the audio feed to skype. Since you are trying to do 2 audio sources i would recommend using the keyboard to play the mp3 in song play mode and then jamming with that
jar125

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the information. I'm afraid I'm a beginner when it comes to connecting devices , so please excuse me when I ask a really dumb question! Do you mean using the 1 2 left right audio outputs on the kboard to connect to an audio interface?
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left and right outputs yes
jar125

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Ill invest in an interface shortly. That approach will also solve a host of mixing problems at a stroke!

regards
John Ramsay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: