Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monologue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willvandervliet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Monologue Reply with quote

Can somebody tell me how i can control the LFO intensity of the Monologue with the modulationwheel of a external controller keyboard.
All i can get working is the pitchbend .
synthpeter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LFO intensity is mapped on MIDI cc parameter 26 on the Monologue. To change it using an external controller, that controller must use that same cc parameter number.

It appears that the controller you're using has mapped the modulation wheel on MIDI pitch bend.

Best is to check the documents of the controller and see whether you can map a different MIDI control on the modulation wheel..
Willvandervliet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Monologue Reply with quote

Thanks for Your help.

In fact the modulationwheel of the controllerkeyboard does not work at all on the Minilogue . (The pitchbend works fine)
With all my synths and modules i can use the modulationwheel but only the ML is not reacting.
I’m using a Samson Graphite keyboardcontroller and i understood That the modulationwheel is fixed at cc 1.
I’m also using a Kingkorg but i have to figure out how i can change the modulation cc.
Again, the Kingkorg modulationwheel works fine with all my otter gear but not the ML
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Modwheel (CC#01) messages will be associated with a MIDI channel. This will need to correspond with the Minilogue/Monologue settings. If the MIDI channel doesn't match on both controller and destination, the CC# messages won't be recognised.

Willvandervliet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Monologue Reply with quote

Oké , but my pitchbender works -so the midichannel must be good - while the modulationwheel has no effect on the Monologue .
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Synthpeter pointed out, the LFO Intensity responds to MIDI CC#26, so CC#01 will not affect it. Is CC#01 on the other synths/modules mapped to LFO Intensity? Try using something like MIDI-OX to monitor the Monologue MIDI Out port and display the Monologue's Modulation Slider CC# messages. I believer they will display as CC#26. One possible solution is to use a MIDI Solutions Event Processor to transpose MIDI CC#01 messages to CC#26. This may also allow the Modulation wheel values to be scaled to cover the full 0-511 range (check the Midi Solutions spec) (the Samson Graphite mod wheel probably only sends values 0-127).

http://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: