Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

088: Hold Delay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunnar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: 088: Hold Delay Reply with quote

I was playing around with sounds and effects last night and gave the Hold Delay a spin. One of many effects I hadn't really used before. It is basically a loop-pedal. And there went my evening Smile

In its default setting, it is set to auto-length (like a normal loop pedal) and records on JS+Y and clears the recording on JS-Y. Once you've recorded a basic layer, you can layer new ones by hitting the record trigger over again. It can hold a total of 5.4 seconds.

I was thinking one could go a bit further with this. Consider setting a Hold Delay on both MFX1 and MFX2 and use VJS +X/Y to record and VJS-X/Y to clear. Then set up a combi with a couple of instruments. Now, you can record and loop multiple layers and add / clear them in realtime.. (Probably have to set the loop to fixed then to avoid drift between them, but still). By setting the DRY/WET mix to an RT Knob, one could also "mute" these layers too.

Anyway, I thought I'd share, as I haven't read much about this effect in this forum, and it opens up for some pretty cool live playing.
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gunnar,

That's very interesting. I'd always passed over that effect too. I'm certainly going to check it out now...

Pete.

Last edited by pete.m on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gunnar,

Yes that is a fun one as well. Some months ago I created a Frippertronics-like program using the 098 effect (Tape Echo). The 088 is rather similar and brings a longer loop, but the 098 is interesting as it recreates the typical sound idiosyncracies of old analog reel tape recorders like the famous Revox A77. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: