Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to transmit CCs to DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: How to transmit CCs to DAW Reply with quote

I have a combi set up for when I want to point the Kronos at my DAW and use it as a keyboard controller for various plugins. (There may be easier ways to do this, but that was my first thought as it let me go in and mute all the audio out.)

What I'm trying to do now is use the 8 sliders to transmit CCs. I have an orchestra plugin that I want to control at the moment, and CCs will allow me to play more expressively. It's got a learn mode but doesn't recognize input from the Kronos.

So, I strapped a MIDI monitor on the incoming channel and I'm getting note messages, but no CCs. Apparently there's something you need to do to configure it in the Kronos, but it's eluding me.

I looked in the parameter guide under control surface (as well as poking around the UI) trying to find a way to let the sliders' CCs escape to the outside world, but I'm not finding any illumination.

I'm sure what I'm trying to do is a very common thing. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

[edit]
Okay, turns out I was looking in the wrong manual. It's under the global settings, so that's sorted.

That said, it feels like my use of a combi to "mute" the internal keyboard sounds and just use it as a controller is a clumsy way of doing things.

How do you guys set things up when you just want the Kronos to be in controller-only mode?
[/edit]
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the CONTROL ASSIGN button and select EXT. Now go to GLOBAL-->MIDI and EXTERNAL1. This shows the mapping of the sliders, knobs, and buttons. At the to is EXTERNAL MODE SETUP and you can scroll through these. In one of the manuals, you should be able to find the various soft synths these are intended to control, but you can freely change any of them. You will need to save using the drop-down menu top-right and select WRITE GLOBAL SETTING.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Busch.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: