Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virtual Pads - Looking for ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew1971

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Virtual Pads - Looking for ideas Reply with quote

Hi,

Being a newbie to the Kronos I am looking for ideas and would love to know how people use the Virtual Pads in a live situation.

I appreciate the cleverness of them but trying to gain an appreciation of how useful and practical they are. For example, as opposed to pressing on the screen, you could just as easy played a chord in split / layer combi.

Appreciate any sharing

Matthew
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play in a contemporary church service. I play strings, pads, piano etc. There are cases where I'm playing a big two handed chord progression and want to add some riff. I can have the pads programmed to play those same chords during the riff. This way, the sound doesn't suffer by losing one hand on the chords.

I also use it to trigger drones.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to play up to 8 note "chords" is one of the useful features of the Kronos' Pads. When using a Korg nanoPAD2 as an external controller, it's possible to play each of those chords by pressing a single pad on the nanoPAD2 and, if the nanoPAD2 pads are set to Toggle, then it's possible to tap a pad to get a drone, leaving both hands free to use the control surface, and to play melody and other parts on the main keyboard.

yeskeys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a Midi foot pedal with that has 10 buttons and a sweeping pedal.
8 buttons for the 8 pads, one pad for Karma on/off, a pad for Drums on/off, and the pedal evenly sweeps between the 8 Karma scenes. Been doing it since my M3 days, works great.

My pedals are set to momentary, so I can just lift my foot off when my chord is over, but I can configure to latch as well.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be a lot of fun with Karma. If you haven't yet, try turning on Karma with different programs. Use the pads. See where it takes you.

If you find you're engaging with it, as others have mentioned, a nanopad really enhances the experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: