Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Problem has been detected.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: A Problem has been detected. Reply with quote

Hi all.
My KRONOS is randomly jumping into an error mode displaying the following message.

A problem has been detected.
Please turn the KRONOS off, wait for 10 sec, and then turn it back on.

There are times when this message will not go away, and there are times when I won’t see it for weeks. It seems so random. I’ve opened up the KRONOS, check RAM and the SSD are not loose. It all seems “like new” inside. Every connector is fitting snug.

What do you think is the best course of action in resolving this?

Regards
Sharp.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey brother, good to see you here.

Guess work here. You have original K ? Maybe 9 years old ?

Its a generic warning message from my recollection.

Worst case is pending component failure.
1)Mobo
2)SSD
3] Power supply

Also reseat your power cable. Would be great if its that simple.

Also disconnect all midi devices, USB , as best you can . To see if the error msg re-occurs.

I can't say if its software, 3rd party samples or OS related. Lots of variation

If the frequency of the error msg increases , you might bring it in.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting the same message several years ago before I updated the firmware and software. Since then I’ve been using a UPS also, I haven’t seen the message again. Sorry, that’s all I can suggest.
media-igor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A Problem has been detected. Reply with quote

I had a similar one. I pulled out RAM, cleaned the contacts, and reinstalled. the problem is gone. So it was with OASYS.
media-igor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A Problem has been detected. Reply with quote

I had a similar one. I pulled out RAM, cleaned the contacts, and reinstalled. the problem is gone. So it was with OASYS.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
I’ll pull the ram sticks right now and give them a clean with pure Alcohol.

I’ll be back Smile

Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such luck.
I cleaned both sticks with pure alcohol and the KRONOS still won’t boot. Ran it with 1 at a time also to see if one of the two were faulty, no such luck there either.

So... attention focus on the SSD?

Do I clone the factory drive to a fresh drive, or do I go down the road of a complete fresh install. ???

Any idea’s

Sharp
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

I remember reading a couple of times and that it could also be linked to the SATA cable that gave up. A few people here changed the SATA cable and problem was gone. If you happen to have such a spare cable, give it a try.

The SSD could also be the problem, depending on its age. For the procedure, Purgatory has it exactly right below (IMHO should be taken by itself and added in a sticky). This way, you won't need to reauthorize any extra EXs you might have bought in the past, etc. Tried it myself and it works perfectly :

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118683&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=3

Keep us posted.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that suggestion. Sadly no joy. Just swapped the cable for a new one and I’m getting the same error.

I'll check out that link.

Cheers
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try do a Clone now to a new SSD.

Sharp.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one and only time this message happened to my Kronos, it was an error into one of my songs file. And it took to me a lor of time to discover what file it was. But it was simply that : An error data while loading a file.

Best regard

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

Not entirely sure all Kronos generations work exactly the same, but in my case when I start my unit I can hear the internal fan suddenly slow down at some point during the boot-up sequence. Does your Kronos crash before or after that change of fan speed ? Or can you tell which letter do you reach on the screen when it happens (under MUSIC WORKSTATION) ?

That might sound silly, but from what I understand I think when the cursor reaches the K or thereabout (this is where the fan speed suddenly decreases, at least on my K2), the unit is then starting to read the SSD. If you always crash about there or later during bootup, it could be a sign it's the SSD or file corruption. If it crashes before the "K", it could instead mean there is a problem with the MB. Of course I'm not sure about this, but it could be interesting to know if you always crash at the same place during bootup. Maybe other people will add on this. Hopefully, it's just some file corruption and you can easily rewrite the SSD.
ObiStudio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A Problem has been detected. Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi all.
My KRONOS is randomly jumping into an error mode displaying the following message.

A problem has been detected.
Please turn the KRONOS off, wait for 10 sec, and then turn it back on.

There are times when this message will not go away, and there are times when I won’t see it for weeks. It seems so random. I’ve opened up the KRONOS, check RAM and the SSD are not loose. It all seems “like new” inside. Every connector is fitting snug.

What do you think is the best course of action in resolving this?

Regards
Sharp.

Internaly disconnect the USB board. Worked for me.
Resoldered a new USB connector, somehow there was a shortcircuit in one of the connectors.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with my Kronos 2 in that I was getting that same message, all the time. I wouldn't stay on more than a few minutes.

I was told by a very reliable source that the message indicates: "a problem with the communication between the motherboard and the OMAP subsystem. That might mean the motherboard actually has a problem (for instance, it’s crashing and thus not communicating), or a physical connection."

I took it in for repair, expecting it to be the MB. They first went through all the internal connections, de-oxed and reset them. My K2 did not need a new MB. It has been rock solid since.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, think I’m screwed.
I’ve tried everything. Even cloned the SSD to a new drive too.

My KRONOS won’t even boot off the Accessories Disk 1.

Not sure how I’m going to even get it fixed. Nobody in Ireland does this kind of work. I will probably have to ship it to the UK.

Thanks for the advise everyone.

Having a $hit day today. Even the forums are broken and need fixing.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: