Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI setup situation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exsequor699

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: MIDI setup situation Reply with quote

Hi everybody, MIDI Setup situation that would like to solve please (Gear: Logic Pro X, Steinberg UR44C, Kurzweil K2600, Korg Kronos, iPad and Korg plugKey.)

I would like to make a permanent connection to record Audio and MIDI, to able my Kurzweil and Kronos to record MIDI to Logic. I have my Kurzweil controlling my software and Kronos (Kurzweil as my main controller.) Now I would like to record my Kurzweil's MIDI, Kronos to control my iPad and record Kronos and iPad's MIDI from Kronos to Logic. I have tried many things but without success, so far I can only control Kronos with my Kurzweil. I imagine what I want is possible, If it is please what are the correct steps to make it happen please? Thanks in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to visualise exactly what is being envisaged, since there is detail missing, e.g. how is the Kurzweil controlling the Kronos, plus I have no experience with the plugKey nor iPad, but it's worth bearing in mind that MIDI data coming to the Kronos via the DIN MIDI In port passes to the MIDI Thru port, but it does not pass through to the Kronos' USB MIDI Out or DIN MIDI Out. If the Kurzweil is connected to the Kronos DIN MIDI In connector, then to "collect" both the Kurzweil and Kronos MIDI data, use some sort of MIDI merger device to mix the Kronos MIDI Out and MIDI Thru signals. The MIDI Solutions Quadra Merge could do this. A more versatile approach would be to use some sort of MIDI patch bay e.g. the iConnectivity mioXL. The thing to have a clear idea of the necessary interconnections and to avoid feedback-forming MIDI loops, which can cause all sorts of problems in MIDI land.

exsequor699

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unistalled and then installed again the Korg USB MIDI driver and everything works good. Now I am looking the way to control iOS apps with my Kronos and able MIDI and Audio recording of it in Logic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: