Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this power supply ok for my Minilogue XD Module ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qkrgusdb33

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Is this power supply ok for my Minilogue XD Module ? Reply with quote

For some weird reason, Korea Korg distributor doesn’t have the official Korg KA350 power supply. They said they use a custom 3rd party power supply.

So they gave me this: https://imgur.com/a/1pvSNPQ
( spec for this power supply: Input AC100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A. Output DC 9.0V , 2.0 A )

It came with some type of transformer for the tip.
( I honestly don't like using a transformer for the tip. Is this safe ? )

https://imgur.com/a/wwDdFcO
This is the comparison with the original KA350.

The one I ordered from Korea tip is a bit longer than the original KA350, so the silver metal part stick out like this when I plug it in to my Minilogue XD module https://imgur.com/a/goFemEN

Is this ok ?
Will using this might damage my Minilogue XD module ?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be OK. The only issue I see is the replacement plug/adapter combination creates a longer lever, so pulling on the cable will create a larger sideways force on the Minilogue's connector. If you take care with avoiding excessive pull on the cable (you should be doing this already, anyway) then it shouldn't be an issue. What happened to the original KA350 PSU?

qkrgusdb33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It should be OK. The only issue I see is the replacement plug/adapter combination creates a longer lever, so pulling on the cable will create a larger sideways force on the Minilogue's connector. If you take care with avoiding excessive pull on the cable (you should be doing this already, anyway) then it shouldn't be an issue. What happened to the original KA350 PSU?

I still have the original KA350, but I was tired of using it with a down transformer so I ordered one from Korea to just use it directly from a multi outlet.

The adapter is from Korea's only Korg distributor and they said they don't sell the original KA350 so I guess this plug is the best I could get here for my Minilogue XD module...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the proper Korg KA350 power supply, look closely at the ratings label. On the one I have, it shows 100V AC on the "second" line, but on the "third" subdivision, it indicates 100-240V AC, so this seems to be a wide input voltage range switching adapter.

The product image of the KA350 from Thomann shows it to be 100-240V input.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KA350--korg-ka-350-power-supply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: