Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Input: tablet to headphone jack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevearch1234

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Input: tablet to headphone jack Reply with quote

I am learning my new Kronos with an online tutorial on a tablet. Is there a way to take the audio from my Samsung Tab s6 with usb-c output and input it to the Korg then balance it to mix with what I play to the headphone jack? I am guessing this starts with a usb-c / usb cable plugged to korg USB input. How to mix the volumes of both?

While I am pretty sure its possible, could you be specific enough for a newbie? Thanks a million.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Note added: This was originally posted in the New Members section, hence the first line).
This is not really the best part of the forum to post this to get the most interest. It has only been viewed 19 times at this point, some of which are repeats. I would suggest the Kronos section might get a better response.

Have you tried a USB-C to USB-B printer-style cable connected to the Kronos USB-B port (the square one) to see what happens?

An alternative might be to use a USB-C to 1/8" jack socket headphone adapter, and connect a 1/8" jack plug stereo splitter, having two 1/4" mono jack plugs to connect to the Kronos' Audio Ins and then route the signal through the Kronos from there. Alternatively, use the headphone adapter and stero splitter connected to two inputs of an audio mixer, with the Kronos connected to another pair of mixer inputs, and using the mixer's headphone output.

Xenophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the Samsung tablet, but I have connected my iPad, iPhone or MacBook Pro via the square USB-B port on Kronos to listen to the Apple device's audio through Kronos headphone out along with the Kronos audio.

You control the level of the tablet via the Global Audio Input settings on Kronos. It shows up there as USB Audio. It seems to work fine for me with my Apple devices. I'm sure it would be more stable if your device has a 1/8" headphone jack so that you can plug it into the analog inputs on Kronos. Less chance of USB going hay-wire that way. Level controls would be in the same place on the Global Audio Input page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: