Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample and multisample envelope shaping?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Nhodes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Sample and multisample envelope shaping? Reply with quote

Hey folks,
Trying to crack a Sampling mode egg... I understand how to create a multisample to index numerous sample files for performance. Trouble is I can’t figure out how to shape the envelopes, e.g. attack and release. I use a lot of sampled stabs and hits that need some “smoothing” on either end of the WAV file so that they don’t “click” or cut off abruptly when I lift the key. Surely this is a feature of Kronos as it is for any good sampling engine, but I cannot seem to find a how-to in the Operations or Parameters guides, nor in the YT tutorials. If it’s not possible in Sampling mode, I’m open to other workarounds. Thanks!
Rick Nhodes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to answer my own question, it appears that envelope parameters can be applied to a MS when added as an oscillator in program mode. While I haven’t tried it yet, this demo makes it pretty clear (at the very end).

https://youtu.be/R6-WgqJpM3g
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right way could be to edit the samples in the Kronos Sampling mode. You have anything you need to edit the Samples. Loop, Fade In/Out, Truncate Insert, Mix, Crossfade and more, opening the MENU Bar.
Next, build the MS. Mapping your samples on the keys, adjust the volume to have the same level balance between one keys and others. Other parameters will adjust in the program, ADSR, Filter...
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different ways to achieve this goal. For example, let's say I want a given pad sound from a vintage synth that slowly increases in amplitude, I can plug the thing in the Kronos and record it as is. Then, when you transfer to a Kronos program, you have to use an envelope without attack.

Another way is to see samples as coming from a raw VCO output. Once the raw samples are done, you apply envelope settings to them when converting the MS to a program.

Of course, there are also many other aspects to do like creating short or long loops for infinite duration depending on the samples used, etc.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered using a drum kit for your samples. Each key can have it's own offset for envelope, filter, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: