Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
runningman67 wrote:
Same here. Says waiting for device on my Mac running Catalina. Tried everything including changing cables. Can anyone help? Mad

Update, I don't think the Korg drivers work on Catalina.
If so, now what ?

Just to confirm - did you go through the Catalina-specific instructions in the installer doc?

Hi Dan. I didn’t spot that in the doc. I’ll take another look.

Btw. Superb unique synth. Well done !!
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
runningman67 wrote:
Same here. Says waiting for device on my Mac running Catalina. Tried everything including changing cables. Can anyone help? Mad

Update, I don't think the Korg drivers work on Catalina.
If so, now what ?

Just to confirm - did you go through the Catalina-specific instructions in the installer doc?

Hi Dan
I can't see any reference to Catalina in the Doc.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you launch the librarian dmg, you will have access to the doc. You need 1.0.3 firmware on wavestate too.

macOS 10.15 Catalina
macOS Catalina has new, stricter rules about installing system extensions such as HoRNDIS, so you’ll need to go through a few extra steps. After the installation begins, you’ll see a warning dialog appear: “System Extension Blocked.”
1. In the dialog, press the button “Open Security Preferences.”
The Security & Privacy pane of System Preferences will open.
At the bottom of the page there is a lock icon, with the note “Click the lock to make changes.”
2. Click on the lock.
A dialog appears: “System Preferences is trying to unlock Security & Privacy preferences.”
3. Enter your user name and password.
The Security & Privacy pane will be unlocked.
At the bottom of the page, there will be a message that “System software from developer “KORG INC.” was blocked from loading.” Next to this message is a button labeled “Allow.”
4. Click the Allow button.
HoRNDIS should now be enabled.
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem on Windows 10 64-bit, OS version 1909.

The USB RNDIS driver is installed, everything open in the firewall (even tried shutting the firewall of).

It seems like the librarian & updater can find the Wavestate, but theu cannot connect!

The RNDIS driver appears like a normal network card, with DHCP assigned address 192.168.39.21 (this must come from the Wavestate).
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB RNDIS driver is installed, everything open in the firewall (even tried shutting the firewall of).

It seems like the librarian & updater can find the Wavestate, but theu cannot connect!

The RNDIS driver appears like a normal network card, with DHCP assigned address 192.168.39.21 (this must come from the Wavestate).
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of cumputer stuff!
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

walthubis wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. Did you check the Troubleshooting step to make sure that the required TCP and UDP ports were not blocked by a software firewall?

Thanks Dan. Yes I did - as I mentioned, I followed the instructions precisely. Ports 50000 and 50001 are open for both UDP and TCP, inbound and outbound. (Sidenote: these ports have been associated with some pretty serious hacks - I'm a CISSP in my day job.)

Curiously, the updater and librarian both recognize a Wavestate is attached (Device Tab = Korg wavestate 1), but it is always "Waiting for device..." and "Connection Error" popup. I turned the firewall off for all networks and connections and still no luck. These are vanilla Windows 10 systems (Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7) so no weirdness.

I have the exact same problem.
A lot of cumputer stuff!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundsgood wrote:

We now have beta versions of the Updater and Sound Librarian which address a problem introduced in Windows 10 build 1903 and later. The issue is that Windows changed how it parses network names, with the result that the Updater and Sound Librarian couldn’t “see” the connected wavestate. If you’d like to try these new beta versions, please send me a PM.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
lordradish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I tried the new version, and I'm still having problems. Any other ideas as to how I can figure it out?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordradish wrote:
Dan, I tried the new version, and I'm still having problems. Any other ideas as to how I can figure it out?

I'm sorry that it's being problematic! What's the issue, specifically?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Veeter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
lordradish wrote:

I just can't seem to get the PC to see the Wavestate. I've tried everything in the instructions. I think I'm having some problem with a driver conflict or something, because I borrowed another laptop today, and got that to work fine, so I was able to update the firmware, at least. I did run the Korg Midi device uninstaller thing, there's nothing unnecessary in there.

But even after that, my PC still won't see it. Librarian just doesn't see it, it doesn't show up in "other devices" under Device Manager. I did spend some time with ramonromero last night (the one in the other thread that got it to work) and he couldn't figure it out, either, after 2 or 3 hours. So frustrated!!!
Veeter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
lordradish wrote:

I just can't seem to get the PC to see the Wavestate. I've tried everything in the instructions. I think I'm having some problem with a driver conflict or something, because I borrowed another laptop today, and got that to work fine, so I was able to update the firmware, at least. I did run the Korg Midi device uninstaller thing, there's nothing unnecessary in there.

But even after that, my PC still won't see it. Librarian just doesn't see it, it doesn't show up in "other devices" under Device Manager. I did spend some time with ramonromero last night (the one in the other thread that got it to work) and he couldn't figure it out, either, after 2 or 3 hours. So frustrated!!!
alpinastars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@danatkorg no solution ? no answer ? Just bought a brand new wavestate and i have the problem with the connect between the wavestate and the librarian software. I will send it back to thomann germany an get my money back.
richardf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same for me. After hours of trying, there is no solution. Has been posted in another thread.
No answer from Korg, no feedback, nothing. Very disappointing
Veeter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no luck. Had it working on a clean install with 1909 but since the update, can't get it to work. Goes through the process of installing the RDNIS driver, then, under 'other devices', it shows it, then says there's no driver installed. On my other computer, also with the most recent Windows update, it installs the RDNIS driver, I see it in device manager, but the librarian won't connect. I really hope Korg comes up with a more stable solution, as this is maddeningly frustrating. This synth is so awesome, but the PC interface is a mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: