Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musikmesse postponed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Musikmesse postponed Reply with quote

It turns out the corona virus now caused the Musikmesse to be postponed.
When the circumstances will be safe enough again is anybody’s guess.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame. I was reading yesterday that Superbooth was going ahead; "As long as there is no official ban by the authorities, we have decided to keep
on working on the finalization of this year’s Superbooth" (taken from their official statement regarding coronavirus and the event https://www.superbooth.com/en/).
I've lost work due to a rather large event I was contracted to work on being cancelled. It's really taking the fun out life even without contracting the virus.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a shame, yes, but I do think it is a sensible decision given the circumstances.
I would not be surprised if Superbooth also ended up being postponed or even canceled.
StolenToast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you know I want superbooth to happen, mark, but I question the wisdom of going ahead. No population of human has been exposed to this particular type of coronavirus, so it will be worse than most flus and spread quick. It looked bad enough that they canceled the Geneva Motor Show, which is a big deal.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Trebec: " if we take it just one day at a time with a positive attitude, anything is possible"
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Superbooth also cancelled, a wise decision given the circumstances, but sad to see so many exciting tradeshows cancelled.
I’m sure the manufacturers will come up with online presentations of their new products but it is not the same as various people taping their own videos of new products and interviewing the demonstrators.
Really sad to see this happening, this rotten virus causes a lot of damage on all levels.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Yep, Superbooth also cancelled, a wise decision given the circumstances, but sad to see so many exciting tradeshows cancelled.
I’m sure the manufacturers will come up with online presentations of their new products but it is not the same as various people taping their own videos of new products and interviewing the demonstrators.
Really sad to see this happening, this rotten virus causes a lot of damage on all levels.

Seems we cancelled all living for the next 2 months...

I allways try to look at things from a posditive side
Its incredible how much initiatives i see from students and younger people to actively help the older people...
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

The live music world too. Events on at all levels are gone. Companies are dropping like flies.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: