Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with Minilogue XD CC messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j_d_everett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Issue with Minilogue XD CC messages Reply with quote

Hello,

When I turn most of the knobs on the Minilogue XD module, it sends CC #63 along with the proper CC message. For example, using MIDI-OX, when I turn the amp EG release knob, it shows that the XD is sending CC #13 (the message for amp EG release) and CC #63, which is not assigned within the XD according to the midi implementation chart.

This is causing problems with the "midi CC learn" feature on my Octatrack. When I initialize midi CC learn and turn the amp EG release knob, the Octatrack "learns" CC #63 instead of CC #13 like it should.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Thanks.
InductiveOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you already have midi ox you can use filtering to remove cc63 from the display, and then check the box to 'filter out data as well as display'. That would mean you would need the computer in between your minilogue and the octatrack to set up the midi mapping.

CC63 is used to send (I believe in this context) 10 bit values. From the implementation chart:

Bn | 2b (43) | vv (vv) | CUTOFF (vv=0~127) *5-2*5-4
*5-4 : When a 10 bit value is received the lower 3 bits are first expected via a CC #63(0x3f) message.

Note: If you *very* slowly move the minilogue knob during midi mapping you can usually get it to latch to the other CC value after a few tries. I would suggest setting up basic mapping and saving a template, however that is done with the octatrack. Is there a way to manually set cc mappings on the octatrack? My only elektron is an sps-1 Machinedrum.

Also keep in mind (even though I don't think this has anything to do with your problem) that saying the EG release is cc13, keep in mind that 13 is in hex. In decimal the release is mapped to cc19. I can't tell you how many times I've mixed hex and decimal up reading midi implementation charts over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: