Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa1000 vs Pa4x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa1000 vs Pa4x Reply with quote

I am considering to buy either Korg Pa1000 or Pa4x. Are there lot of differences sound quality? Which sounds are better on Pa4x, Piano, drums??
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, they are virtually identical. The DACs are said to be higher quality, but most people probably wouldn't notice.

The Pa700 and 1000 are incredible deals, 'cause you get most of the sonic goodness for a fraction of the price. However the Pa4X does have a few more samples included
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear a lot of people saying they don’t like this or that sound on the Pa700 / Pa1000 for example the Piano sounds. Yes we have Rubens great piano set. But we all have the tools to change a sounds. It’s knowing which ones to use to improve the sound. People get a new Korg try it out of the box and say the don’t like it because of the sound, then give up after a few days and move to a Yamaha.
mate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to try the Korg PA1000 and I was surprised its the good sounds.
Korg is not very easy to use e.g. Performance Memory (Keyboard Sets/Set Lists) compared to Yamaha's Registration Memory set.

How do the Korg Pa1000 vs Yamaha SX900 sounds?
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats a question you should ask yourself. Some people will say Korg is better some Yamaha. But it’s how they sound to your ears.
ime95mos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/gDHTef40CW0

mate wrote:
I went to try the Korg PA1000 and I was surprised its the good sounds.
Korg is not very easy to use e.g. Performance Memory (Keyboard Sets/Set Lists) compared to Yamaha's Registration Memory set.

How do the Korg Pa1000 vs Yamaha SX900 sounds?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
AFAIK, they are virtually identical. The DACs are said to be higher quality, but most people probably wouldn't notice.

The Pa700 and 1000 are incredible deals, 'cause you get most of the sonic goodness for a fraction of the price. However the Pa4X does have a few more samples included

I completely agree. I have a PA700 and LOVE it. I use it on almost everything I do, in one fashion or another.

I think that sometimes, people get too caught up in the features and somewhat in the exclusivity of owning a top of the line product.

I am not discounting the PA4X at all - it is a remarkable machine. If I only did studio work or always had an external PA for my gigs, I would likely get one. Since my needs are a bit different, I chose the PA700.

Yep, the piano sound leaves just a little to be desired on the PA700 (it is good, but not as clear as on the other models), there is always the option to add your own samples. I chose Reuben's Yamaha C5 sample set and stick by it with almost everything I do. I happen to have a studio full of other gear that also meets my needs so I am not lacking for really any sounds at all. If my PA700 doesn't have it, one of the others will... not everyone has that luxury and I also understand that.

As much as I love Reuben's piano sounds, I will go to my Lowrey/Kawai for Kawai's piano sounds on solo piano songs I write. I have yet to find a distorted lead guitar sound to match or exceed the one I made on the PA700. Although the orchestral sounds on the PA700 are great (especially when they employ the DNC and RX sound elements), I still find myself going to the 25-30 year-old Ensoniq synths because they have a life that the others do not have. But live, I use the Korg, unless I bring an Ensoniq with me.

I think that the best option is to weigh what one is REALLY going to use the instrument for and go from there.

I think that ANY of the PA series offerings are great, so whichever one works the best for your needs...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been blown away with how rich and lush the sounds are, way way better than the 10+ keyboards I've had over time. I'm continually surprised that there are not more people crowing all over the place on how phenomenal the Pa series sounds. I would guess that having up to 24 ocsillators per sound has something to do with the sound quality. Also, the Pa1000 has a 2d piano sound beyond whats offered on the Pa700.

Not sure about user friendliness, I haven't tried the new Yammis. So far I've found it very challenging to get up to speed on this board. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow!

R
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA700/1000 are fabulous keyboards with professional quality sounds
Randelph wrote:
However the Pa4X does have a few more samples included

...but I should add that the PA4X has a lot more than just extra multisamples...
It all comes back to what you need for your performing/playing etc and possibly $$$ Wink

All said and done these PA models cannot be beaten IMHO

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ime95mos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which pianosound are you referring to on the PA1000?

Randelph wrote:
I've been blown away with how rich and lush the sounds are, way way better than the 10+ keyboards I've had over time. I'm continually surprised that there are not more people crowing all over the place on how phenomenal the Pa series sounds. I would guess that having up to 24 ocsillators per sound has something to do with the sound quality. Also, the Pa1000 has a 2d piano sound beyond whats offered on the Pa700.

Not sure about user friendliness, I haven't tried the new Yammis. So far I've found it very challenging to get up to speed on this board. Maybe I'm just getting old and slow!

R
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Pa700 I find the factory Piano sounds a little muddy. So I increase the cut off to about +10, doesn’t sound a lot but it does make a difference. Not sure about the Pa1000. Of the factory piano sounds I think the Live Piano is better.

It’s a shame there’s not more user resources like on the psrtutorial forum.

It’s a shame Korg don’t do more tutorials on editing sounds. The webinars are great but sometimes only touch the surface.
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a ballroom dance/band musician, the PA1000 suits my needs. I also play Roland vaccordion FR4x and use the arranger to back me up. If Korg would come out with arranger module like Roland Bk-7m, would consider...
spaceair

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
On the Pa700 I find the factory Piano sounds a little muddy. So I increase the cut off to about +10, doesn’t sound a lot but it does make a difference. Not sure about the Pa1000. Of the factory piano sounds I think the Live Piano is better.

It’s a shame there’s not more user resources like on the psrtutorial forum.

It’s a shame Korg don’t do more tutorials on editing sounds. The webinars are great but sometimes only touch the surface.

Yes PSR Tutorial is great support site and forum!
spaceair

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
I hear a lot of people saying they don’t like this or that sound on the Pa700 / Pa1000 for example the Piano sounds. Yes we have Rubens great piano set. But we all have the tools to change a sounds. It’s knowing which ones to use to improve the sound. People get a new Korg try it out of the box and say the don’t like it because of the sound, then give up after a few days and move to a Yamaha.

I did haw tyros 5 and sounds are ok yes,, for right hand from c1 to c2
After up higher they soumd terible but you have to be an expert to notice it. After playing more time you are tired of it.I thought I had the best because of course I had a casio at the beginning and it was a leap to Yamaha Wau.

do we have on you tube video how sounds are regulated on PA?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: