Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fix for faulty Modulation Generator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoNotDoomX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Fix for faulty Modulation Generator Reply with quote

This is my first post, so hello everyone!

I recently found a problem with the modulation generator on my 6 year-old MS-20 mini: the knobs labeled "MG/T.EXT" do nothing. The LED light flashes, and I can adjust the flashing speed, but there is no audible difference when turning the MG/T.EXT knobs. I don't know if this has been a long-running issue or a new development because I hadn't played my unit in a while when life got in the way of music for a bit, and I had trouble wrapping my head around modular synthesis even when I was playing it all the time. I took my synth to the only authorized Korg technician in my area and he said some component on the MG board is bad, but everything else is in absolutely perfect condition. Unfortunately, the only replacement board he could find is $600, which is ridiculous

This brings me to my questions:
1) Can I just patch from the MG to where I want it to modulate (the LPF, for example) and get similar functionality as turning the MG/T.EXT knobs?
2) Can I patch in a separate LFO to act as a new modulation generator and where should I patch it in to get similar functionality?
3) I also have a Monotron Duo and Delay; can either be used as an LFO?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: