Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Samples Installed Changed Kronos2 to a Thing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aristo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: New Samples Installed Changed Kronos2 to a Thing Reply with quote

Hello,

I purchased some samples "LDX90 - Sfam Covers V2 + Bonus JR Solo Covers / Korg Kronos Series" from a website (https://www.synthonia.com/marketplace/korg-sounds/kronos/korg-kronos-series-scenes-from-a-memory-dream-theater-rudess-pack-detail )

I installed whatever inside the folders:
-SFAM_Userbank.KSC
-SFAM.KGE
-SFAMKSC
-SFAM.PCG
-SFAM.SNG

Now, my Kronos 2 is acting like it is not Kronos2 any more Sad
-Name of Factory default sounds changed
-Colorful setlist screen went and black-gray screen came
-My setlist went and new setlists came

To reset my Kronos2 to factory default I installed preload.KSC (in Disk mode) but SFAM sounds, setlist, and black-gray screen still here :S

I just wanted new Dream Theater sounds installed in my userbanks, nothing more!

Could you help me understand what exactly happed to my kronos2 and how I can fix it?

Thank you,
SKung

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the files that you installed contained new names for factory sounds and other settings. We cannot tell what's inside these files.
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to get my hands on those sounds, i am fan of Synthonia products (and of DT of course)

Kronos 2 has extra sounds (sounds from famous 80s songs) plus the original Kronos patches. Maybe this soundpack was created using Kronos X and overwrited its sounds over yours.

When you reload PRELOAD.PCG, it overwrites the Banks containing factory sounds BUT banks U-G, U-CC, U-DD, U-FF and U-GG are left untouched, this because those banks are empty by default, so the Preload.pcg does not touch them, so if you had previously patches in those banks, they will be left there. When you install custom PCG (like this case, Synthonia) they usually go to bank U-G or U-GG and thats why you still see them, preload.pcg doesnt affect them

You can initialize the bank (this will erase all its content to empty ones). go to U-G 000 and hit the corner downarrow -> Initialize patch -> and check Initialize bank

For the Setlist colors, original Kronos and Kronos X didnt have the colro setlist options, i think in OS 3.0 update it became available, so maybe those setlist were created using a old Kronos OS version. but dont worry, you have everything as it came original for your Kronos in the internal HD, even Setlist.

My opinion is, reinstall everything from factory and load again the Synthonia sounds but this time dont load ALL the PCG, open it first and see where the SFAM sounds are (which Bank) and load that bank first, then load KSC (USerbank) as it contains all the samples (maybe the intro for Regression, the Hypnotherapist voice, thunders from Finally Free, etc..)

Maybe you dont need to load the SNG, and KGE i really dont know what is it for. I used to own a SFAM pack from Synthonia, but for the Triton Extreme
wpostma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all Korg keyboards let you browse the PCG content from the keyboard and even load just one thing at a time from a PCG.

I am not a Kronos owner but I have Triton and in Triton media mode you can open a PCG and browse the combis and programs inside and select either:

1. just one bank (say A)

2. just one combi (say A-3)

3. just one program (say D-2)

The bank structure is more complex on Kronos, but I believe you can reset your kronos and just load one user patch from the included PCG which may have been a full backup of someone else's customized setup.

Warren Canada
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact the vendor?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more specific information. New machine? Used machine? Model? OS version? Under warranty? How much experience do you have with Korg workstations? These forums are NOT run by Korg, although there are a few Korg employees/contractors that frequent the forums. The more info you give us the more we can be of assistance. There are specific procedures for loading libraries, but I believe they very depending on whether are not the come directly from Korg.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came from the Synthonia website, specifically the "How to load" instructions from the product description page.

Terms of Use
Please note that all pre-existing bank data used by any library will be overwritten. You must have free user locations. For this reason we suggest that you make a backup to avoid any loss of data. We are free of any liability for any potential loss of user data or any keyboard malfunction. The use of purchased
libraries by Leadsounds is granted for studio recordings and live performances.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe watch this?

https://youtu.be/miNOLvpHE98
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that on the product page they don't specify the version of the OS that is required.
aristo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Did you contact the vendor?

Not yet! I just want to understand what happened first.

-I purchased 1 year ago, so I have guarantee.
-I do not have much experience Kronos.
-In disk mode, I loaded Preload.KSC and all my factory sounds came. But, still no colorful setlist. "Color" button is not active.
-I use firmware of version 3.1.3, by the way.

Please see the preload setlist color:

https://ibb.co/3kwnM7H
SKung

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before loading data from other people you should

a) make a complete backup

b) check what's inside the files and where the data is being saved to. In disk mode you can open these files and see all affected banks for example.
Like Mezzopiano stated before, many go for bankc U-G or U-GG, but there's no guarantee for that.

If something is going to be overwritten you should make yourself a plan hot to merge your original data from the backup to the new data.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally you have to contact with the vendor and ask him what are the actual used banks for this library due to open PCG file
and load only those resources without loading older Kronos Global file and factory banks.

If you have no results with this action then you can load purchased PCG , explore PROGRAM & COMBI banks where those resources
are loaded and note their positions , then find in system SSD/Factory/Preload.PCG and load it in "ALL" mode and this will recover all
your K2 factory resources plus colored Set Lists.
Then open again purchased PCG / Open Program & Combis (and maybe WS) and load only noted Program banks and combinations that
are used by this library only in empty banks of your Kronos setup.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
aristo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Normally you have to contact with the vendor and ask him what are the actual used banks for this library due to open PCG file
and load only those resources without loading older Kronos Global file and factory banks.

If you have no results with this action then you can load purchased PCG , explore PROGRAM & COMBI banks where those resources
are loaded and note their positions , then find in system SSD/Factory/Preload.PCG and load it in "ALL" mode and this will recover all
your K2 factory resources plus colored Set Lists.
Then open again purchased PCG / Open Program & Combis (and maybe WS) and load only noted Program banks and combinations that
are used by this library only in empty banks of your Kronos setup.

Hope this helps

Now I see my mistakes..

I load SSD/Factory/Preload.PCG sounds have come back but colorful setlist did not come back. It is still black&white. Why it is not changing? 😞
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange , but maybe your K2 model was older than OS that provided this feature of colored blocks !
Maybe re-loading latest OS will bring them back , but bear in mind that you can manually change your set-lists to colored at any time ,
so just edit them its just a few minutes workflow !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The set list colors can be toggled on and off from the page menu commands. You may have to do your own "coloring". You also said you loaded the Preload KSC. Did you also load the Preload PCG? You should.

Last edited by ronnfigg on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: