Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At last I'm outgrowing my Korg TR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpostma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: At last I'm outgrowing my Korg TR Reply with quote

Almost everything I want to do with the Korg TR it can't actually do.

There is surprising depth in the patch editing, but even more surprisingly retarded depth. Take for example the advanced modulation (AMS) setups.

Let's suppose you were a gigging musician who simply wanted a layer or split where ONE Of the sounds can be turned on an off with SW1. There's literally no sane way to do it. Is there an insane way to do it? Please let me know. Probably some crazy thing with altering amp envelopes via SW1?

Let's suppose you wanted to use the Korg TR's usb port on Windows 10. Good luck with that. The Korg TR freezes up on Windows 10 when you plug the USB port in. To use the Korg TR with Windows 10 you had best use an external MIDI in/out adaptor and only talk to the Korg via that. The USB drivers on Windows crash the Korg TR, and also fail to handle any non-trivial loads. A sysex dump? no chance that this will work from the built in USB port. But the midi sysex dump features work fine over the real midi ports.

Let's suppose you wanted a custom sample. You bought the sampler option and installed it. You put the measly 32 megs of ram into the board. Now every time you power up your board, instead of 10 seconds to power up, it's a five minute boot sequence where you manually have to reload the KSC samples into RAM, and then check your important programs to see if the reload left everything in the right sample slots, so your programs are good and your combis are good. It's like they designed it to be frustrating.

Let's suppose you wanted to just play this thing. It comes with a decent piano sound right? No. For most people it does not.

Now that I've whined, let me say why I'm keeping this keyboard.

It makes insanely great sounds, except acoustic piano which is a tough one to do right. The sequencer is enormous fun.

The keyboard plays great and is a fantastic midi controller.

But i'm just about to pull the trigger on a new board. But I'm keeping my Korg TR. It's a glitchy beast but I love mine.

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: