Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get List of Kronos Sounds in Logic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_lost_islander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Get List of Kronos Sounds in Logic Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so I take the opportunity to say hello there! I have a lot to learn for sure...
I recently got a Kronos 88 and I really love it so far. The sounds are impressive and the overall playability is great.

I'm aware of the presence of a built-in Sequencer, but as I also enjoy recording guitars I rely a lot on Logic.
I'm a beginner by the way, so please take this into account. Logic is a massive tool and I have very little experience with MIDI in general. Some things are intuitively straightforward, others are not at all...

Anyway, going straight to the point, my Kronos is connected via USB to my Mac and I'd like to be able to record everything that goes from my Kronos into Logic in a non-destructive way relying then on MIDI rather than audio.
I'm aware of the fact that if I go towards that route I will always need to connect the Mac to my Kronos before opening any Project because all the keyboard sounds actually live inside the Kronos.

What I'd like to do is to be able to see (in Logic) the updated list of sounds (Programs) of my Kronos so that I can easily pick what I want directly from Logic and record it straightaway.
Currently the list of sounds I get in Logic is completely different... I would have expected to see the exact replica of all the banks so yeah... I have the feeling that I have to do some manual mapping or sort of, but I don't have an idea of where to start from and how to do it.
Can someone with more experience than me help me with this or redirect me to another similar discussion if any?

Thank you all,
Kla
bobmusic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Get List of Kronos Sounds in Logic Reply with quote

the_lost_islander wrote:
What I'd like to do is to be able to see (in Logic) the updated list of sounds (Programs) of my Kronos so that I can easily pick what I want directly from Logic and record it straightaway.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The automation of name exchange will not happen until Korg releases a Kronos AU plugin for 64 bit systems, to be able to use it as an AU-Plugin in Logic.
Other choices are running an older system that supports 32-bit or the use of an AU-wrapper.

Until than, the logic environment can help. Some time ago I made a template, where the Program banks refer to the Kronos 1 preload banks. So it may be that you have to shift some banks, depending of the Kronos model you have. All bank changes are preprogramed and had to split into 2 Logic-multi-instruments.
The download is still working:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82338&highlight=
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
the_lost_islander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Robert, this is helpful indeed!
bobmusic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, I am glad to hear that you have use for it.
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
the_lost_islander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The automation of name exchange will not happen until Korg releases a Kronos AU plugin for 64 bit systems, to be able to use it as an AU-Plugin in Logic.

Hi there, now that Korg has published a plugin for 64 bit systems, how can I sync my Kronos patches with Logic? Can someone help me?
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=789652#789652
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: