Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No sound on right channel + Pad not detecting pressure.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonyman213

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: No sound on right channel + Pad not detecting pressure. Reply with quote

I have used this unit for 8-9 years. Worked like a charm, minus a few simple issues that were easily solved with a quick q-tip cleaning.

No sound on right channel

Months ago, a little issue arose in my KP3. As the title says, no sound came from the right channel. I found that playing around with the [INPUT VOLUME] knob and finding the sweet spot at ∼50% volume input would make a sort of faulty connection, sending sound through the right channel.
I managed to work like this for months —while losing the volume function— until it finally stopped working. No mattering where the knob was placed, the right channel wouldn't work at all.

I unwelded the potentiometer and replaced it. I just tested it, and it still doesn't work.

Did anyone have the same issue? Any suggestions?

Pad not detecting pressure

As I mentioned at the beginning, the simple issues were a bit of grease and dirt that gave a false signal to the pad, such as being stuck in acorner, or not detecting in specific parts of the pad.
After finishing with the potentiometer, a small test showed that the pad detected absolutely nothing. All the leds are turned on, and the programs still remember the value they were saved with (the [HOLD] function).
Doing a factory resetting didn't solve it, and recalibrating is useless, since the pad detects nothing.

I cleaned it thoroughly, but it still doesn't work. There doesn't seem to be any broken cables, and everything was reassembled correctly.

Any ideas as to why this is happening now?
[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: