Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: NAMM 2020 Reply with quote

Just a place to start all your speculations until the big day hits and we see the videos coming out.

Myself? I don't expect to see any new flagship workstation from Korg, what with the release of the SE just one year ago. I can always HOPE though. Very Happy
SKung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather make music instead of speculating which is a waste of time.
Kevbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKung wrote:
I rather make music instead of speculating which is a waste of time.

Good. Come back here with what you compose to prove you didn’t waste your time.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: NAMM 2020 Reply with quote

Kevbo wrote:
Just a place to start all your speculations until the big day hits and we see the videos coming out.

Myself? I don't expect to see any new flagship workstation from Korg, what with the release of the SE just one year ago. I can always HOPE though. Very Happy

Korg is teasing a new keyboard to be announced Jan. 7th 2020.
kday

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new Kronos from Korg at NAMM, maybe next year
IAA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree no new Kronos replacement. But the Korg ARP 2600 may get a showing, I’m v interested in that! Very Happy
hans1966

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is relevant about the ARP2600, which is just an analog synthesizer in front of a flagship workstation?

I choose the Peace of God!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has reason to make a new move with Kronos.
Roland stepped up the pace with fantom and its polyphony. No note drop offs when layering.
The note drop off has been a big problem for many people with Kronos.

But only the sales trend will determine how fast Korg moves to make a more powerful flagship or Kronos replacement.
If fantom sales have gone up and Kronos sales gone down, Korg may have reason to rush into 2020 with a Kronos replacement.
Otherwise Korg can afford to wait and carefully work out a worthy replacement with improved reliability and power, that can keep Korg leading the workstation way.

I am hoping for a good excuse to buy a new workstation rather than ship my Kronos 2-88 to my new home base across the big Ocean. It already has need for repair anyway.
A new improved Kronos would be reason enough for me to get another workstation to have at my new home base.
I am key-less right now. Playing no rig at all. Got invited to a music fest gig to play next month and they offer keys for me to play but that will probably be an outdated 61 key or a rickety 88 key digital piano.
Not inspiring for someone who has trained his brain and music sensibilities, exclusively on Kronos (plus a few midi dongle devices).
Maybe i am spoiled but no regrets here with all the wonders Kronos does for me. Even better should a new and improved one come available.

NAMM 2020. Always a fan of NAMM for the hope of musical instrument wonders that would come.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: NAMM 2020 Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
Kevbo wrote:

January 7 is here and so is this
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/thehub/korg-wavestate-synthesizer-announced?source=3GOA6KLBA
Wave synthesis has taken a giant leap for musician-kind.
Looks like something that would make a next generation kronos do tricks around the new fantom TR style sequencing -If it were added as a feature in the next generation flagship workstation by korg.
I like the sound of it.
Cheers -and the music play on.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: NAMM 2020 Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
ITguy54 wrote:
Kevbo wrote:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/thehub/korg-wavestate-synthesizer-announced?source=3GOA6KLBA
Looks like something that would make a next generation kronos do tricks around the new fantom TR style sequencing -If it were added as a feature in the next generation flagship workstation by korg.
I like the sound of it.
Cheers -and the music play on.

Your link leads to Digitech Vocalist !!
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/synthesizers/wavestate/
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse the multiple postings. I'm not that excited about the Korg Wavestate - my computer just went a bit strange...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: NAMM 2020 Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:

I like the sound of it.
Cheers -and the music play on.[/quote]

Your link leads to Digitech Vocalist !![/quote]

I get it many are enthused

I still enjoy my Yamaha Vocaloid from 1998 !

Its great for doing Cher cover songs Wink
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete.m - It is possible to delete postings if no one has replied to them. I'm not sure if it's possible to "roll back" through a series of more than one duplicate posting in this fashion. Alternatively, ask the moderators to remove the dupes.

pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voip,

Thanks for your advice - that's kind of you. I did try to delete three of them. I found that I couldn't delete the first three, because they were deemed to have been replied to by the next copy of it. For some reason that I can't figure, I couldn't even delete the last of the four, hence my subsequent apology. I really have no idea what went on there - it's not happened before, and I only clicked 'submit' once. Weird...

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in this synth, here's a link to a demo by a guy who has been a demonstrator for Korg over here in the UK for a long time now, and he's somebody who I have found to be a source of good and useful information - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8NVBHmQfRw. At any rate, it's good not to have one of those videos where some guy is just banging out a generic four-bar House loop on the shiny new thing he bought yesterday. You can start to get some idea of its musical potential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: