Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer Recording problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicLive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Recording problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've not posted here for a very long time but often pop in to read posts.

Has anyone had this problem with the sequencer? I checked through the search pages but didn't manage to find this problem I've mentioned.

I choose a piano, or any instrument from my set list and having first opened up the Global Page, I switch the "song" button to off, then press Enter and Record simultaneously and normally I can record the exact sound I have chosen without any problems.

Now though, having set it all ready to record, as soon as I press the Start Record Button the piano sound I've chosen changes to a plain piano and the system completely "hangs".
No matter what switch is pressed nothing works, so I have to re-boot it to clear the locked up Kronos.

If I try to record using the sequencer the same thing is repeated.
I have Kronos back-up files and can re-load the whole system from a variation of saved system files.

Having re-loaded the system from a back-up usb the Kronos functions as it should, as far as I can hear/see but the Record Start switch kills it when in sequencer mode.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so we can eliminate a possible cause, do you have the latest firmware and OS system loaded in our Kronos?

Another thought, since the setlist uses programs, combis or songs, have to tried recording directly from the program or combi mode?
MusicLive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 3.1.3 loaded but will have to see what firmware I have onboard.

To answer your last question, then No, I have not tried to record direct from a combi or program. But I will give it a go.

I know it may seem silly but I've always used the set list display to set-up my recordings and until last night have never had a problem and have always had excellent recording results.
But that doesn't mean I can play any Good. Lol Embarassed

Thanks,

MC
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know if you can record from program or combi. I’ve always recorded from there, I’ve never tried recording from song mode. Good luck.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sequencer Recording problem Reply with quote

MusicLive wrote:
Hi all,

I've not posted here for a very long time but often pop in to read posts.

Has anyone had this problem with the sequencer? I checked through the search pages but didn't manage to find this problem I've mentioned.

I choose a piano, or any instrument from my set list and having first opened up the Global Page, I switch the "song" button to off, then press Enter and Record simultaneously and normally I can record the exact sound I have chosen without any problems.

Now though, having set it all ready to record, as soon as I press the Start Record Button the piano sound I've chosen changes to a plain piano and the system completely "hangs".
No matter what switch is pressed nothing works, so I have to re-boot it to clear the locked up Kronos.

If I try to record using the sequencer the same thing is repeated.
I have Kronos back-up files and can re-load the whole system from a variation of saved system files.

Having re-loaded the system from a back-up usb the Kronos functions as it should, as far as I can hear/see but the Record Start switch kills it when in sequencer mode.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

you didn't mention SEQ mode.

If you want to record, you have to press the SEQ mode button.

Suggest you check out the Korg video on that mode and making a recording or a Song.
MusicLive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC,

All I've ever done to get the sequencer to record, is select a set sound, ie: a piano, or any instrument that I've edited and resides in my set list, then providing the 'song' setting is switched to 'off' in global settings, I just press Enter and Record and it automatically opens the Sequencer ready in record mode. It's never been a problem until now..

Falcon2e

I could not record a combi, or program separately, so I reset the 'Beastie' to Factory settings and then reloaded all my current Kronos files and it seems to be behaving itself - strangely!

Will see how it performs after a couple of days - fingers crossed all will be well. Confused

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

MC
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJjF4yaqww check it out, especially the first 60 seconds.
MusicLive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e,

He's doing/showing exactly what I've been doing for years, except that for it to work, you have to have 'Song' un-ticked in the Global settings Menu.

Otherwise a window pop-up tells you 'Memory is Protected' and you cannot record until you clear the 'Song' item in Global!

Regards,

MC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: