Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer - is that a moog modular?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Behringer - is that a moog modular? Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVM7D7WFwyc

More NAMM speculation
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to tell. Might just be an another ad for the poly D
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, looks like a Moog Osc.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLB-mlodsFo

Usain Bolt - 9,58

Youtube speculation suggesting UB - is the Uliberheim UBX
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofTuxGghuM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR08M-O_wJtCM00Rx-pPv5RhIjKFCWxDqdns0J1aoWSz0T41VCvhWjwId2w

Busch/
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it’s their remake of the system 100 it’s on their youtube channel
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinmechanic wrote:
it’s their remake of the system 100 it’s on their youtube channel

Yes, they did remake the System 100 in eurorack but they also remade the Moog 55/35/15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofTuxGghuM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR08M-O_wJtCM00Rx-pPv5RhIjKFCWxDqdns0J1aoWSz0T41VCvhWjwId2w

Busch.
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: New video Module 55 Behringer Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0caZHe_4Og
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it’s a Behringer modular. The only company that makes Moog modulars is Moog.

I’m sure Behringer managed to rip off some of Moog’s design though.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
No, it’s a Behringer modular. The only company that makes Moog modulars is Moog.

I’m sure Behringer managed to rip off some of Moog’s design though.

Reverse engineered them, like they did to Mackie. But really eurorack is chock full of clones of any classic synth modules you can name. Some are better than the orginals, but from what I've seen and heard, these are straight-up dolly-the-sheep.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one allergic to eurorack and the hassle that comes with it?

Now, inlove modulardesigned synths..
As long as they are software based..

For example the synth inside drambo (ios) my latest buy i# just plain out incredible... no wires and you can save your builds,,
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

For example the synth inside drambo (ios) my latest buy i# just plain out incredible... no wires and you can save your builds,,

Not bad for software modular but is more a performance have yet to see some true modular sequence on it.

On the other hand there not much I have with modular until i saw and heard "Make Noise Black & Gold Shared System" bubboom sounds so good but so expenssssive that what I call modular glitchy , fuzzy , wizzy , sizzle flurp and flarps.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Modulars can be a bit of a chore when it comes to patching them, yes. Photos make it a little easier to replicate a patch you've created in the past, but still time involved in re-cabling which is time you could be using to play. Aside that, the joy of creating sounds just not available with even some of the most complex synths available make them a very rewarding endeavour once past the initial speed-bumps.

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:

Not bad for software modular but is more a performance have yet to see some true modular sequence on it.

On the other hand there not much I have with modular until i saw and heard "Make Noise Black & Gold Shared System" bubboom sounds so good but so expenssssive that what I call modular glitchy , fuzzy , wizzy , sizzle flurp and flarps.

The cost of a complete modular is quite considerable when compared to a 'preset' synth from one of the big three, yes. Then again so is the cost of Quantum or Prophet X or Moog One (yes they are polys, but let's overlook that little (big) difference Wink ).

Starting off with an enclosure, power distro and some workhorse modules isn't that pricey these day. Cr8 Audio have a great set of products that will have you up and running in a single hit of less-than 500 kangaroos! (Well considering there are five kangaroos on an Aussie dollar coin, it's actually 100 kangaroos Laughing )
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: